Vizio e320vl stuck on vizio logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio e320vl stuck on vizio logo

I got this TV from someone who said it had this problem, and that it was just sitting around. I plugged it in and it worked fine, and so it sat there for a few weeks. Then I went to use it again and it worked a few times. Then it broke again. It turns on and it's just stuck there with the vizio logo. The power button doesn't do anything, and it has to be unplugged. So I would assume that it's a problem with the main board, but I don't see any bad caps or burnt things or anything bad. I attached a picture of it. So what should I do now?
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio e320vl stuck on vizio logo

Next time its together and before it gets too technical try this

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=168
    Last edited by selldoor; 08-18-2012, 05:21 AM.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by cheezeitz51 View Post
      I got this TV from someone who said it had this problem, and that it was just sitting around. I plugged it in and it worked fine, and so it sat there for a few weeks. Then I went to use it again and it worked a few times. Then it broke again. It turns on and it's just stuck there with the vizio logo. The power button doesn't do anything, and it has to be unplugged. So I would assume that it's a problem with the main board, but I don't see any bad caps or burnt things or anything bad. I attached a picture of it. So what should I do now?
      This a common problem with Vizio E-series model, the main-board eeprom is most likely is the problem.The epprom is mostly like is corrupt.

you can try to re-set your TV by holding down the power button for 30 second with the power cord not plug in.

You can try re-soldering the U18 the eeprom chip on the main board to see if its a bad solder joint and also check voltages on you main board. You buy an replacement program eeprom chip from

http://www.ernestos-electronics.com/...vl-eeprom-fix/

hope this help
      ecking767

Comment

I can't do the first thing because I can't get to the menu. Resetting it didn't work either. When checking voltages on the main board what exactly am I looking for? I'll try re soldering it though.

Comment

You would need to start with the power supply and see what voltages you have there, then on the socket that goes to the main board there should be the voltages fed back from the main board to tell the power supply to
          switch on the higher voltages. Check all the fuses and say which you have checked and give the numeric value in ohms. Please post pictures of the PS
          front and back. and if labeled a close up of the connectors, showing the label.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Uhm well the whole resoldering thing didn't go so well, so now it wont turn on at all. Woops. I suppose the main board needs replaced now.
            Last edited by cheezeitz51; 08-18-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cheezeitz51 View Post
              Uhm well the whole resoldering thing didn't go so well, so now it wont turn on at all. Woops. I suppose the main board needs replaced now.
              Does the logo on the front change from amber to white? If so you are getting some power. Try reading on the E321VL under my name killian6pk. I went through quiet a bit before getting mine to run. It has been going great ever since. Remember to check the ribbon cable from the little IR board to the main board to make sure the contacts are all good. Mine the contacts were messed up some overlapping others etc. Also push and hold the power button down as you plug in the tv. This seemed to reset mine.
              Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

The logo doesn't change now even. I completely ruined the board though. I managed to make some of the little metal things on the board fall off so there's no way to attach the u18 thing, so I think all I can do now is get a new board.

Comment

Sounds like it. But, before you do why not post pictures again of what you think you messed up. It could be fixable. Some of these guys have been doing this for years and have work arounds for things that you and I would think are beyond repair.
                  Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Okay, but don't make fun of my horrid job.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gulp! First thing would be to get some isopropyl alcohol and clean off all the flux then take another picture

Comment

That's about as clean as I could get it, although I only had 70%.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Did all the solder pads lift when you removed the chip?

Comment

Some did, and some didn't

Comment

hmmm, Your right on that fine line whether it fixable or not. Can you get a super clear photo of the chip. I want to see if there are any places you could run jump wires from the points with "no pads".

Comment

This is about as clear as it can get, because all I have is the stock lens which isn't very good.
                                Attached Files

Comment

I have been looking for a pinout or "typical use "wiring but only came up with this
                                  http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pd...5DM2I-12G.html

It might help someone familiar with these boards

Problem might be that if any of the pins have been connected when it was switched on it could have wiped the memory? These can be bought blank
                                  but would need programmed.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem as cheezeitz51. Power button lights logo, tv turns on, on screen logo comes on for a couple seconds, then it shuts down. It doesn't lock up, I can hold down the power button and it will keep cycling on and off. I have 5v at the main board, and 12v on the power board when i hit the power button. I do however only have 2.9v at the pson pin on the power board. I removed the wire in the harness and read 3.3v coming from the main board. It seems as though something is pulling the voltage down. I also have 0v on the lamp pin. Not sure what voltage that pin should have, if any, but its nil. I read that the eeprom can lose data and you have to replace it with a new pre-programmed one. Those posts however mention freezing at the vizio logo. Mine does not freeze, it just shuts down. It still very well could be the problem, but I hate throwing $30-$50 dollar parts at something without being pretty certain that its the right part. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. This post is fairly new, and pertains exactly to my situation, so I jumped on. If you would prefer, I can start my own post instead.
                                    Thanks guys in advance!

Comment

Never actually heard it to work but has to be worth a try is unplug set for an hour then plug in whilst holding the power on button down.

Comment

I have the Vizio E3D470VX & the V logo is stuck on the screen but will not turn off unless I unplug the tv.... button change nothing. I saw a few people talking about it may be the EEPROM chip. Where can I find who has the correct one for this model? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                        X