This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

well, im july, new member... joined couple of months...still strugling in electronics... lol.. ( i really em) anyways, any help from you guys would be great... can anyone point me in right direction in learning electronics, looking for mentor... and perhalps in due time i can share what i eve learn from you guys... thanks in advance... (1st time writing a post) tnx

Comment

I have already found and used some great information on here. Here's hoping I will be able to return the help. Great site.

Comment

hello i see lots of people sharing thier experience i also would like to share in my knowledgeable areas

Comment

Hi, Im from the UK and came across this site while browsing for answers to why my TV stopped working. I am pleased to say that I have found this place very helpful in trying to fix my TV

Comment

Hi all!
            I'm a laboratory manager, and also help with Macs in our computer classroom and teaching laboratories. Because we purchased 28 G5 iMacs in 2006 or so, I have a LOT of experience with capacitor replacement. AppleCare took care of motherboard and power supply replacement when our ALS G5 iMacs started to fail, and even covered a couple of re-fails later on, but now we are on our own. I have sent many boards and power to TC over the years, and have a new batch of power supplies that need help, so here I am again.

Comment

Excellent site! Love to tinker; and look forward to learning something from everyone.

Comment

Stumbled upon the forum looking for info to repair my TV, found good leads. Excellent community, thanks!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello all!
                    My name is Bill, and I'm a fix-aholic.
                    I've been a tinkerer since I was a kid. Got my start on old stereo equipment, TVs, and video games. Lately I've been fixing computers, game consoles, TVs, and pretty much everything else that my friends or family bring me. Found this site looking for info on bad caps (who'd have guessed?). Found lots of great info. Thanks to all who keep the screens lit, music playing, and gamers gaming!

Comment

Total Noob here, have commodity iron, a pair of Denon POA-800s that power up but sound not, a fair multimeter, and the full POA-800 service manual. I need to learn basic diagnosis, then (presumably) practice desoldering on an old MOBO I have, then recap the boards.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I'm a newbie. Glad to be here and enjoy this forum.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm an electrical engineer in Switzerland doing IT tech for international development
                          I've been drawn to this site because of failed capacitors in 3 Samsung SyncMaster 204B monitors. I hope I can get them fixed with your help!

Comment

Hi. I'm Creniker. I need some help with a Monitor, so I'm making a intro post so I can create a topic for it. Thanks.

Comment

Hi

I'm mrvectrex and I got into repairing electronics a couple of months ago. Hope to learn more about it.

Cheers

Comment

Hey all!

My name's Jeff and I stumble on your "amazing" site, I couldn't stop reading and gatering information on my few projects here. Even got my defective LCD on my lap right now and browsing to get to it's f***ing problem!

Great job, and thanks to all who participate. I sure will in a short time.

À bientôt!
                                Jeff

Comment

Hello, I am Frank. I am into my second year of a two year electronics certification.
                                  I stumbled across this site while using google to look up issues with a Viewsonic monitor.
                                  I have experience in computer service and printers. Mostly self-taught.
                                  Thank you.

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello. I'm a 69 year old hacker, ever since a crystal radio when I was a boy scout. And I hate to throw anything away if I can fix it. Now I have an lcd computer monitor that I can't figure out. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Comment

Howdy, glad to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X