X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hei everyone!

Mainly here to clear my laptop's BIOS password, which is one of those "business" class machines, and is an HP, which makes it even a more pain in the butt, with their terrible customer support. But, you never know, maybe I find more interesting stuff along the way.

That'll be all for now.

Hans

Comment

Hello everybody,

my name is Billy03 and I am trying to fix broken electronic devices in the household. At the moment this is an LG LCD TV with a psu unit, that is not properly working.

I studied mechatronics, with a focus on mechanics and drives, not on electronics. I consider myself an advanced beginner reading schematics, hoping to gain a little more experience with the help of you all.

Billy03

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site but found it when googling schematics for a Lenovo T430 motherboard. I've been working as End User Support for about 2 years now and am only a few hours away from an associates in CS. I love it even when it becomes very challenging. I've always liked to know how things work and have been taking apart and putting anything electrical I could since I was very young.

I am excited to find a new forum to take advantage of. It's collective knowledge by people like you that have helped me get where I am today. Thank you for any and all upcoming support.

Comment

Ello Ello Ello!

Just your boring old UK national, living in the bonnie hills of Scotland. Thinkpad fan with a few Frankenpads under my belt, but never really got into the component level repair stuff, however always wanting to learn a new skill!

Comment

Hello.

I'm new here as I came across this site when trying to troubleshoot my Samsung TV. Hoping I can find what I need here.

-J

Comment

Re: Vizio M55-C2 HASE BACKLIGHT NO PICTURE

Hello.
              I am 48 years old.
              I live with my family in the south of France
              in a village.
              To fight against programmed obsolescence,
              I repair all that I can in my house.
              I am also passionate about vintage hifi and music hifi.
              I work at the French Post Office but when I was young,
              I worked in public electronics.
              I repaired the hifi equipment and the cathode ray televisions.
              Today, I'm repairing for myself and messing around for friends.

I'm starting to study plasma TV technology
              and lcd that are not really familiar to me.
              But it's very difficult for me digital technologies.

Please forgive me for my very bad English.
              I use google translation to read or write my messages.
              It's not perfect and the translations are sometimes very far-fetched but
              It allows me to understand a little different exchanges between forums.
              This is the first electronic mutual aid forum in English.
              I hope that I could help and also receive.

PS ....
              If you allow and it's allowed by the forum charter,
              I also posted on a French site troubleshooting there is longtemp
              of my hitachi plasma TV 55PD9700C.
              http://www.teleservice-depannage.com...-55pd9700C.htm
              The first message is from Monday, December 19, 2012
              It's not advertising but I'm here the approach that allowed me to
              to bring this TV back to life.
              If this is not allowed, then please remove the link.
              The breakdown was solved by the repair but with a lot
              of difficulty and temp passed.
              I bought this broken down TV with the intention of repairing it for me and my family.

Finally, many of my electrical appliances were saved from the dumpster.

cordially

Thierry
              À propos de Google TraductionCommunautéMobile

Comment

My name is Bill, I am a Man, I was born in 1987.

Experienced in troubleshooting and maintenance of computer systems.
                Wittnessed too many compoent failures.

On a journey filled with trepidations.
                I find my self no longer alone.
                To follow the footsteps of champions.
                Perhapse even leave my own.

Comment

Hi there, my name is Lucian and I'm hoping to learn new stuff here.

Comment

Greetings, here Omar, I am an electronics technician from Argentina and I have consulted this website for several years but only now I am registered. I am 47 years old and I have not put my hands on pcb's for a long time, and now I have decided to do it again. Thank you

Comment

I apologize in advance. Where is the 'New Thread' button on your screen? I cannot see it. Thank-you.

Comment

HI! I came here to fix my Macbook, and now I'm stay here xD.

Thanks for all and hello everyone!

Comment

First time at this forum. I "used to" repair TV's, Audio Equipment, Guitar Amps, Computers and more. Been out of it for a long time but people still ask for my help. So, I'm here hoping to pick up a few tips from those who are more active in the field.

Comment

I saw a tv on the side of the road while walking with a friend. We later picked it up and carried it to his house. I’m hoping to fix it by posting a new thread asking for help. It’s a Sharp lc-60le600u.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm Mikel from Mauritius (a small island in the Indian Ocean). I'm a graphic designer, and love to repair faulty devices despite I do not have much knowledge of electronics.

Comment

Hi all been working in the repair business now for 10yrs and looking to increase my knowledge of tv and how they work

Comment

Hello, funny way to activate your full account. Greetings

Comment

Greetings everyone I am ICCRRP but you can call me Ayce. I am a long time hardware and software IT from Kansas. Started by tinkering with the computer we had at home. Nothing like learning Dos 4.11 from the original manual on an IBM. From there worked my way up the ladder through the windows OS (yes i was that person who would run win95 in Dos mode lol). My first personally owned computer was an Apple Mac LCIII and from there started my path of adding Apple to my skillset. Since I have moved over to Unix and Linux, got my degree in Systems and Network Administration, been a top level software Admin for a Hospital, and finally got back to my roots of hardware. Now i mainly refurbish, modify, tinker, sometimes break on purpose everything from Laptops to Retro Calculators.

Comment

Hi all, happy to join this forum !

Comment

Hey everyone, I have been a member here for a while but have never had to post before! I have been more a hobby repair person for a while but am now doing this for a living with a big franchise and covering the more difficult repairs for my shop.

Comment

Working...
                                          X