Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Phoenix, AZ
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist
Default Re: LCD 19" BENQ T905 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcaps View Post
Yes, because you chose to ignore 3 people telling you 4 times to resolder the transformers. This problem with the Benqs has been known for about 2 years now. When people say you *must* resolder the transformer it is because they have experienced what you have.

We can lead a horse to water ...

A poor analog might be the following (I can see PlainBill shuddering right now). Imagine a car engine as the transformer. When the bolts holding down the engine are loose, it shakes all the components of car.

You take the car to the mechanic (Eric the car guy). Eric says I can fix the loose radio, loose hoses, loose steering wheel, etc from all the damaged caused by the engine for $500.

Eric also HIGHLY recommends that he rebolts and remounts the engine. It will cost $1000. You balk. 2 days later, the engine causes the same damage. This time Eric charges you $1000 because the engine caused more damage than the first time.

Eric again recommends remounting and rebolting the engine, but this time it is $1500 because of more damage. You balk again.

And so on ...
Actually, that is an excellent analogy. You teach well, Grasshopper!!

PlainBill

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
PlainBill is offline   Reply With Quote