SONY KDL-55EX500 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY KDL-55EX500 issue

Recently I am getting back into TVs after not working on them since the 90s. I have one at work and this is what I have been told about it. The TV powers on and green indicator light comes on and stays on, but no image is projected onto the screen. Changing inputs and other settings options make no difference. The only way to get the green light to go off is to unplug power from TV.

Has anyone seen this issue before and if so what fixed the issue. I have yet to see it but I was wondering what to look for. I usually work on computer hardware and printers but now they have me looking at TVs as well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Re: SONY KDL-55EX500 issue

Post up clear pictures of the back of the tv as well as each board.

There are some links in budm's signature that are extremely helpful!

It sounds like you have 5v standby but no 12v/24v to power the backlights.
    This could be that your main board is not sending the signal to power board, power board has issues, backlight inverters bad, bad backlights, something else. Time to take the back off and follow bud's guides.

Comment

Well I got it in. I took it apart and as far as I can tell it works fine. I did notice that a plug going to what looks to be the power supply from the board that has the inputs may have been loose. I re seated it and that may have been the issue. I have it on the bench now and will run it today. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I'm currently having the same issue. TV is acting very strange. Light in front goes green but no backlight, image or sound. Sometimes green light is not even on, looks completely dead.
        Opened TV, reseat cable that goes from main to power and tv came back on. Customer states that they used to get the TV back on after unpluging it and pluging it back a few times.

I went ahead and replaced main board (purchased from Shopjimmy), resoldered power board, performed software update. Tv worked great for few hours and problem came back.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X