Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill ASUS WITH FIRE

motherfucking ass holes

I forgot again that these dumb asses has their fucking reverse polarity marking so 24 caps are now good to just throw away. What is worst? The god-damned thing worked with shorted caps!!
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Kill ASUS WITH FIRE

I feel your pain.

ASUS sucks.

Comment

Thnx m8. But its every time like this, EVERY time. Sometimes I realize it even before I turn it on, but still I am pissed of than cause I have to do all the work again.

Why they just cannot keep with world-wide standard? If they at least marked the actuall positive electrode with +, I may notice…
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

I do that nearly every time i recap an ASUS board, although they don't often get bad caps, since they usually just die on their own accord before the caps go bad
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I on the other hand got many of them cause they were either older ones with terrible caps or just newer ones but with Chemi-Cons KZG…so from one shit to another lol

Comment

I had been to the Asus rma center the other day and holy grain , there was a kilometer long queue of people with their dead Asus mother boards.
            http://nishantpinto.blogspot.in/

Comment

^^No surprises there

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by nish_pinto View Post
                I had been to the Asus rma center the other day and holy grain , there was a kilometer long queue of people with their dead Asus mother boards.
                While it may have suprised you, it's nothing special.

It's all about the volume of sales and there Asus + Asrock are... maybe 3rd or 4th in the world...

I always tell the story of my college friend that worked at a local IT store - they took about 500 ECS motherboards in the times of socket A and 3 out 5 motherboards were coming back within the first month.
                After the first week they just bought 200+ Asrock motherboards from another distributor and swallowed the loss and replaced the ECS boards as they were coming back through the door and sent back to the distributor about 150-200 boards they still in stock.

You saw a km long of queue... that's probably 200-250 people but I'm sure you're exaggerating... distributors ship back pallets worth of stuff that's bad or not worth selling.

Comment

Actually ASUS is #1 in sells if you count all the boards in all laptops, desktops and internet ready devices they sell including OEM boards they supply (well as of 4th quarter 2010).

Comment

Well I personally switched to ASRock now. I was sick of ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte too quite some time ago, even before I started to repair them. Last time I checked even no Biostar arround so ASRock is the last to try.

But actually it is not the same as ASUS, they have different managers, different engineers, actually a competing firms. ASRock is something like ECS or Biostar these days, they offer the things which you can really use, no stupid trash, quite decent for the price. Long gone are the times of being shit with failing caps, now everything is solid Chemi-con or others. ASRock 880GXH/USB3 rolling for half a year without any single problem. Problems I have are strictly windows-caused, Linux is running pretty fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                      Well I personally switched to ASRock now. I was sick of ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte too quite some time ago, even before I started to repair them. Last time I checked even no Biostar arround so ASRock is the last to try.

But actually it is not the same as ASUS, they have different managers, different engineers, actually a competing firms. ASRock is something like ECS or Biostar these days, they offer the things which you can really use, no stupid trash, quite decent for the price. Long gone are the times of being shit with failing caps, now everything is solid Chemi-con or others. ASRock 880GXH/USB3 rolling for half a year without any single problem. Problems I have are strictly windows-caused, Linux is running pretty fine.
                      I hate to burst your bubble but ASRock is a subsidiary of ASUS. Also Pegatron is a subsidiary of ASUS as well.

ASUS wanted to inflate the market with bullshit crap boards that fail and forcing people to buy their brand. It back-fired on them.

Comment

I suspected that Pegatron was manufactured by Asus when I saw the capacitor markings were backwards from the norm.

I had always assumed that Asrock started when Asus found it was bad business to sell good and junk motherboards under the same name.
                        sig files are for morons

Comment

I used to read a lot of IT news back then but It was a long time ago...

If I remember right, the official statement from Asus was that they wanted a new brand for Asian markets and at the same time, a brand that they could use to experiment with more "wacky" designs.

ECS or some other brand had success making boards that used whole rows of jumpers to allow switching between DDR1 and DDR2 so they got in the game with boards like 775Dual-VSTA : http://3btech.net/as77coduo10w.html (there were much older designs that allowed this and I think used jumpers to switch between memory types by my search skills are weak in the morning)

Then they made boards that had AGP and PCI express slot, like the 939Dual-SATA2 which by the way was using a GREAT ULI chipset that I think AMD bought and rebranded to their name (or it may be another chipset): http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.as...=939Dual-SATA2

They also made boards like the K8Upgrade-NF3 http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.as...=K8Upgrade-NF3 which had a yellow "Future CPU Port" which would allow to move from Socket 754 to Socket 939...

All these were considered risky by Asus to release under their own brand so they came up with Asrock - engineers used to be in the same building, paid by Asus but afaik not too long after they separated into an actual proper company with their own management and so on.

Comment

It is another company under ASUSTeK company, I am well aware of that, but it does not make it ASUS! Even the polarity marking is done the normal, as the rest of world paints it

Comment

Nope, ASRock mark their caps backwards too (at least they did on the last board I recapped). IMO, ASRock are even less reliable than ASUS. There's a reason why they offer lots of features at a good price...

Comment

I have the feeling it depends either on fab where they have it manufactured, or maybe sometimes they use the same stupid engineer ass-hole good only to shoot. Cause I am sure I have seen one ASRock board with reversed polarity, but the rest had it painted normally.

Comment

I had an Asus P5A board that did not appear to have polarity markings or a shaded section of the circle printed under the cap. It just had the outline of a circle around each cap. Fortunately, that board had nothing but Rubycon YXG caps.

I installed a cap backwards on a board with "reversed" polarity markings once, but I noticed it was installed incorrectly before using the board. I have seen the "incorrect" polarity marking so many times that I don't think there is a standard. The circle with one half shaded is the standard marking, but using the shaded half to indicate the negative lead seems to be common practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Professor View Post
                                    I hate to burst your bubble but ASRock is a subsidiary of ASUS.
                                    QFT That would be like someone whining about their Toyota Camry and then buys a Scion.
                                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                                      IMO, ASRock are even less reliable than ASUS.
                                      And less stable, too. I'm not even sure how that's possible!

The POS ASROCK (ASSKROCK) 780FullHD was the worst board I've ever owned.

It just screamed cheap&nasty. All Evercon (Always Con?) caps, except for a few "Fujitsus" and "Panasonics."

Not putting anything past this sucker company, I replaced all of them and added the 'missing caps.' A $55 POS board with the same in caps, plus my time.

Ok, fine- it OC'd better now, great, whoop-de-fucking-do... It still had this peculiar problem, which I will outline here:

Here's when I first noticed it, in the first week of owning it and running at stock speeds. While playing an audio file, a podcast for example, playback would jump ahead, anywhere from 10 to 200 ms, at intervals between 10 seconds to 5 minutes. Made for some interesting 'nonsense words' when syllables, and sometimes words, were cut out. Could be WAVs, MP3s, any long audio file in mplay32.exe, any of various mplayerc.exe, hell even with a bootable linux CD for testing. RAM was good, underclocking made no difference, boring, done it all, etc.

Even when playing video files, the audio would do the 'skip ahead' thing- then the video played faster to 'catch up.'

I've got a Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G with a C2D E8400- the best system I've ever had. 4GB DDR3, with a PAE ramdisk, so I can address beyond the 32-bit limit. Cool Edit Pro with the tempdir in the ramdisk is so damn fast, it's literally insane!

For anyone considering Intel boards- BEWARE! Get some close-up pix near the caps! If they are installed 'backwards,' with the silkscreen reversed, stay far, far away from the ASUS trap! :noobery:

I think Bonez should make a "Truth About ASUS" video... Hell, any one of us could. It's interesting how all the ASUS scrap piles are unstable to one degree or another, but "each in their own unique way."

Done digressing now.

-Paul
                                      "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                                      Originally posted by shango066
                                      All style and no substance.
                                      Originally posted by smashstuff30
                                      guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                                      guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Just occasionallz looked into case and found that my 880GXH/USB3 designed the same weirdo ass hole. But fortunatelly all caps sold there is no problem at all.

As for the sound problems, may just be sound card. Or even, oh, what system U used? There is very old Windows XP hotfix for first AMD K8 dual-cores when it made just this, often in games. Can try :-)

Comment

Working...
                                        X