• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus x453ma not charging

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
    Please review my last message.

Summary:

1) replacing the resistors is a good idea but if 0.77V = should be ok if holding steady
    2) consider to replace the charger IC since the HIDRV & LODRV voltages are too low to enable PQ8804 & PR8805 mosfets
    3) not a bad idea to order replacement mosfets for PQ8804 & PQ8805 - just in case.
    okay I'll remember your message bro thanks for helping so far, I got a lot of knowledge here

does this mean you won't direct me anymore?

hehehe just making sure :v

if I may ask, is the PQ8805 really worth 0v under normal conditions?
    Last edited by Yosua; 11-20-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I think the issue is within the few parts. Based on the review so far, the charger IC really should be driving the gate pins at higher voltages.

Proceed to replace the charger IC and see if the results improve.

If not, replace the mosfets. Perhaps others will have some other input on the topic but believe it is down to these parts.

No issue to post and if I can help, will do so.

Truth is that we are both learning. Personally do not have access to this logic board so learning as we go.

Comment

I think the issue is within the few parts. Based on the review so far, the charger IC really should be driving the gate pins at higher voltages.

If not, replace the mosfets. Perhaps others will have some other input on the topic but believe it is down to these parts.

Truth is that we are both learning. Personally do not have access to this logic board so learning as we go.
        you are right bro... i will do what you directed... , i will try to find what i need on another motherboard first, thanks

Comment

thank you for your guidance so far, my friend, now the asus x453ma that I'm working on is in order and working properly, it turns out that this BQ735 is no longer feasible and I exchanged it for a new one, thank you for guiding me too to work on the ACOK problem which also caused problems on the block this charger, if it weren't for you guys my problem with this motherboard would have not been solved

Comment

Working...
          X