X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone!
    My name is Paul "Kegger" and I'm from the U.S.
    I work as a tube audio and pc technician in Michigan.
    I just recently got into trying my hand at pc power supplies!
    Which is what led me here today with an OCZ600SXS 600W POWER SUPPLY.

From the thread I found looks like a great place to gain some technical knowledge!
    Thanks for the forum, and cheers!

Comment

Hello!

My name is Benjamin. I work as an IT consultant, but have been working with electronics for a long time. I have recently started learning about LED TV repair and have been reading this forum extensively for troubleshooting steps.

I look forward to talking more soon!
      Last edited by BenjaminJWD; 04-30-2017, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Hi there
        Im from Brazil, Im an architect. I like to fix things, Im A total noob when it comes to electronics so i think Im gonna be picking your Brains a lot here.

Comment

Hey there guys!

The name is crim91 (or at least it is on here!) and I'm usually not much of a forum-goer. However, my thirst for knowledge has been ever-insatiable. Because of this, I found myself really digging for my true profession, and that has led me here.

No, I'm not talking about a professional forum-seeker. I am looking to become a very versatile IT professional. Anything from basic computer component repair to software engineer to penetration-testing.

Currently, I'm on my last few months of a 5-year contract in the Marine Corps. Stationed in Hawaii and have been all over Asia and the U.S. Never been to Europe though - maybe one day! I decided that it isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, I love being a Marine, I just hate being in the Marine Corps. So I've pursued my interests and have been developing many useful skills and gathering all types of information for myself. Hopefully, we can help each other out in this regard.

Thanks for reading my rambling. Take care out there!

Comment

Hello all! My name is Mike (iaff284). I am not much of a forum poster but am an electronics hack in need of tv repair help and you guys seem like the perfect group for that. I am a Firefighter in Illinois with a young child who is very interested in electronics and programming so I am trying to keep up! Hoping to sponge some knowledge up from this forum!

Comment

Hello i'm Paul just want to learn more about circuit level repairs, have tinker with electronics all my life.

Comment

Hey everyone! Names Ricky. been ghosting this wonderful forum for a dew weeks and thought it was time to Join yall and see if i can learn some new stuff! just found myself an old Toshiba LCD Hopefully yall can help me fix it!!

Comment

Hello. I'm just trying to gain access to post a question. This site was recommended by shopjimmy.com. I have very little knowledge about repairs and am pretty much going at this blind. Wish me luck!

Comment

hey badcaps im josh im from oregon and i have a need to use your site to try and fix my 60pv250ub

Comment

Hi
                      Im mike, hence Astro mike.
                      I'm into a bit of astronomy and other techy stuff. Spent more years than I know at college studying electronics but it still baffles me.
                      Also building a self designed Cnc router, as well as a house.
                      Look forward to chatting to a few of you.
                      Cheers

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                        I'm Rudo from Mexico, 52, Hard working electronic technician since 1992. I hope to contribute and keep on learning from this fantastic world of electronics.

Best regards.

Comment

Hello guys, great forum!

I'm 40 years old and I'm from Portugal. I am Being in electronics since 5 years old when I dismantled a electric car and tried to run the motor with paper clips and leaking batteries, btw I used to put them boiling in the water to recharge. I also loved to explode christmas lights on the AC wall outlet. I electrocuted myself a lot of times when I was a little boy. I studied electronics, but I work as a programmer. Electronics is in my heart as an hobby.

See you around!

Comment

Hey everyone.

I'm an accountant by trade, but a jack-of-all-trades the rest of the time. I found this site a few years ago when I had a problem with my Samsung tv, and now I'm back because my mom gave me a bigger, newer sharp aquos that was giving her trouble. I just tore it apart and it looks like bad caps on this one, too! Glad to officially be part of the community.

Comment

Hi,

I've been repairing PC for too long... as a hobby.
                              I also like tinkering with programming and anything DIY.

Comment

hello

Comment

Comment

Hello All - Love the forum - A lot of knowledge

Some background:
                                    Steve Hoffman
                                    Age 49
                                    Married with 2 great daughters
                                    Employed 25yrs with the same company
                                    Current role is product service manager for diagnostic tools
                                    Held several positions in product engineering over the years.
                                    I have an Associates and Bachelors degree in EET
                                    I repair just about anything in my spare time. Big DIYer
                                    Looking forward to helping out and getting help on the forum.
                                    Best Regards.

Comment

Hello, I'm here to get help troubleshooting a broken Samsung TV.

Glad to be a part of this forum

Comment

Hi, am Thomas Mande from Kampala, Uganda.

Well, what can I say, am humbled to be accepted in this forum of 'electronic top dogs'! Hope to give the little I have and get more enlightened in electronics repairs, especially crt and lcd tvs.
                                        Big up to Tampatec, your youtube videos really helped me alot!

Thanks and be blessed the more.

Comment

Hello guys, I am from East Africa, a Bsc Information Technology dropout (flipped the finger to the shitty formal education system). I proved to myself that all you need in life to achieve whatever you wish is the will and self-drive/motivation. Currently I am a freelance IT "professional" (if the word even means anything), dealing with the basics (software/hardware maintenance, smartphone/computer repairs etc). I have become interested with low-level logic board repairs and that's how I stumbled onto badcaps.net while looking for schematics. I am humbled by the collection of minds that this forum houses. After reading most of your introductions I can only feel more like a student than a peer. Mad respect to you all and thank you for sharing your knowledge. If the collective world would adopt the model projected by this forum, earth would be a better place.

I look forward to learning a lot from you guys while also passing the same knowledge onwards to others.

Comment

Working...
                                          X