Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-37LXD85 blinking LED no picture

Hi everyone,

Just so you know, I have zero knowledge or experience of fixing TVs - I'm a laptop repair guy, who can do board repair, so hopefully you guys can guide me how to determine where the fault may lie.

So, TV has worked perfectly for years. Watching it tonight, the screen suddenly switches itself off and there is a red LED which blinks every few seconds forever. It doesn't blink a certain number of times, it just blinks on and on until the TV is manually powered off

Powering off the TV, and back on, the LED goes green and the sound from a roof aerial TV channel is heard for about 3 seconds, but with no picture, and it then switches itself off and the LED goes into its perpetual red blink cycle.

Can anyone help a total novice at least determine where the fault may lie (I'm handy with a multimeter). I've seen spare T-CON boards and inverter boards on ebay for this model and I'm hoping swapping one of those will do the trick.

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by pingaroon; 01-27-2022, 02:33 PM.

Re: Panasonic TX-37LXD85 blinking LED no picture

Shine a torch on it maybe from an angle if needed, hit menu see if you see an image at all or text.

Comment

Try a couple simple resets, unplug tv for 5 minutes, plug back in try it, another, unplug tv press and hold power button on tv for 30 seconds, plug in and try it.

Comment

Probably tho it's time to take the back off and investigate, can you post some good focused straight on pictures of the whole back and each board?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Shine a torch on it maybe from an angle if needed, hit menu see if you see an image at all or text.
          Hi, shining a torch reveals there *is* in fact a picture, so it looks like this is a backlight issue. I get no more than 3 seconds and it switches to blinking red LED mode.
          Last edited by pingaroon; 01-27-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Try a couple simple resets, unplug tv for 5 minutes, plug back in try it, another, unplug tv press and hold power button on tv for 30 seconds, plug in and try it.
            Hi, none of the resets have brought it back, but I now know it's a backlight problem as the picture is in fact there.

Comment

Probably tho it's time to take the back off and investigate, can you post some good focused straight on pictures of the whole back and each board?
              Hi, yes I can do this tomorrow, thanks.
              Last edited by pingaroon; 01-27-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Another easy step is in signature below.

Comment

Hi, I found someone who knows a lot more than me who's willing to repair it. I'll update what the fault was once done for the record. Thanks for your assistance (and the warning)

Comment

Ok, thanks for the future update.

Comment

Hi, it was the inverter board - a few bad caps had blown and taken out some transistors along the way. All up and running again. Thanks

Comment

Glad to hear it, thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                        X