Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FLUKE 179 problems

Originally posted by bwilliams60 View Post
    I started tracing the circuit from the beginning and found a bad connection between the inductor and the board.
    Just like I referenced in post #16. The measured value of the inductor is also in that thread in post #16 as measured my Modemhead.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by bwilliams60 View Post
      I am going to compare it to a couple of other meters just to see how they compare but we are further ahead today then we were yesterday
      Calibration will likely be within specification +/- 1 count. They can take a lot of abuse and still be within spec.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thank you to Redwire and Retiredcaps for your help. It was indeed because of that article that I took a closer look. I also noticed on one of the pics I snapped, that the connection didn't look good but I put it off to lighting at first. When I finally checked the pathway, it all made sense. So I took a pick and easily pulled the inductor off the board. I will try it for the next few days before I am convinced that is all there is. For now, a sigh of relief. Simple fixes are best

Comment

I was given a Fluke 187 which didn't seem to work correctly, turned out to be the input jacks, they were cracked at the PCB, but you couldn't easily see it, replacing the whole jack assay fixed the meter and it passed calibration

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            there is a "supercap" in some fluke meters that leaks - check that out.
            I think that was on the 289 / 287. The 179 doesn't have any memory etc...

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              I think that was on the 289 / 287. The 179 doesn't have any memory etc...
              Here is the very long thread at eevblog.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testge...unt-coin-cell/
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by jondoe View Post
                I was given a Fluke 187 which didn't seem to work correctly, turned out to be the input jacks, they were cracked at the PCB, but you couldn't easily see it, replacing the whole jack assay fixed the meter and it passed calibration
                Yes, we have seen bad input jacks over time. See

http://mrmodemhead.com/blog/fluke-80...embly-rebuild/

The 187 is one of my favourite meters.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                  Here is the very long thread at eevblog.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testge...unt-coin-cell/
                  Thanks retiredcaps!

Comment

Working...
                  X