• Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi
    i am a new member,
    i hop that you find some thing that i have

Comment

Hello all, I've fixed quite a few things with your help just reading the forums, now I'm stuck on one so I'm going to reach out to the crowd and beg somebody smarter than me can help me track down a gremlin

Comment

Hey All!

Lurked here before, used some guides to troubleshoot a salvaged 42" LG TV with failing ribbons connecting the LCD, to great success, and three years later, it still works fantastically!

Now, I've found a 55" LG in the garbage of my apartment building with a bad backlight, and I have a question to ask before I ruin it in a rush to use it

Comment

Hello, right now I need help, but I am looking forward to all I can learn in this forum...hi, everyone!

Comment

Well I've been a lurker here for a while and figured its time to sign up. I don't do personal information online so I go by freelance. I am no expert with electronics but im trying my best to self teach myself. So in effort to doing that I have gone around and picked up broken flatscreens in hopes to diagnose and fix them. This is also the need to finally sign up as i've hit a road block and need help. Hopefully I can contribute as much as I can in the near future.

Comment

My first computer was ZX81 in 1985. Assembled first PC-XT in 1987, PC-AT in 1988.
              Currently working on multiple ARM based embedded systems.
              Now I have a dead Apple A1425 MBP retina which to my surprise one morning refused to boot, does not detect battery, charger. I hope to get my MBP up and running with the help from friends on this forum.

Comment

Hi all,
                Forum looks great. I am from Sydney, Australia and have a heap of dead electronics from Receivers to TV's that I have been putting off fixing for quite a while. It is just a hobby for me so I will need help! lol
                Hope to gain and share any knowledge in the near future!
                Cheers.
                Cibby.

Comment

Hello, I'm Daniel from Poland. I repair a lot of laptops and other electronic devices. Nice to find here so much help.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am ignchen, a retired electronics lecturer from a Malaysian polytechnic. I have been in the electronics field for a long time, witnessing the phasing out of the vacuum tubes, the entry of the transistors era then the IC age. I started teaching radio and tv repairs and then got into teaching digital and microprocessors before I retired. I am still interested in the modern electronics development and doing some minor repairs.

Comment

Hello,

So my name is Raitis. I am from Latvia. I fix laptops and desktop computers for living but only software side and basic hardware repairs.

Now learning to fix boards at chip level.

Hope to finds some help on this forum.

Have a great day!

Comment

Hi everyone;

I'm currently a high-school science teacher. Worked in the computer industry for many years (started out on CPM-based machines, if that's any indication). I tinker with electronics as a hobby. I rebuilt a 1953 Shuffle Alley shuffle-bowl machine, a 1982 NSM Satellite jukebox, and currently dabble with finding and fixing large-screen TVs.

Comment

Hey all!
                          New member of this forum.

I'm a technician who want's to fix broken things and bring life in to them again.

Comment

Hi there.... greetings from Denmark
                            In general, just hate to see "mostly working" electronics being thrown away because of simple problems.
                            For the not so simple problems I hope someone here can help :-)

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi there, found this site looking to bring new life to an old ThinkPad. Looks like a great resource, thanks!

Comment

Newbie looking for help from other DIYers.
                                  43 Yr old Canadian with 4 kids and very busy life...lol.

Comment

Hi to all member of this forum! hope that this forum helps me a lot, as i will help to all those i can.
                                    I repair many computers from long time now, but i do it as a hobby, i love to repair all that i can myself. Am happy to be part of these community

Comment

Hello,
                                      I hope someone will help me to repair my Thinkpad E531

Comment

Hi all,

I am a Greek currently residing in Glasgow with an allergy to throwing away something if I can fix it!

Looking forward to learning a lot through these here forums!

Comment

Hello guys,
                                          I'm 29 from Singapore.

Doing computer repair works.
                                          Some times come here to see what's new updates and share knowledge in the repair.

Comment

Working...
                                          X