This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I'm a high school student who is quite into electronics. I've done a few things, such as a lab bench power supply and a guitar pedal, and have repaired an old monitor. I have a few good years of experience just fiddling around with basics. I used to lurk here to read things, but now I'm looking for a schematic for my laptop that has no power. I've done basic troubleshooting, and I've decided that some basic component level repair might be necessary.

Comment

Hello.. am a mobile phone technician.. it's a pleasure to join your forum..

Comment

hai

Comment

Hi. Looking here to some help about notebooks. Gladly help anybody with my experience as best as I can

Comment

Hi. Chris Peddler here from USA but currently in Bali, Indonesia. I'm into travelling but is fond of any electronic and computer and technology know how's. I am here to learn new things about capacitors and expand my network of fellow hobbyist. Also would like to meet new friends here.

Ciao!

Comment

Hello. Glad to be part of this group. There is always a new technical challenge that someone has already faced and I welcome the knowledge share.

Comment

HI ALL

I am new member on this board , Hello from france to all members

best regards

Comment

trying to get into board repair and have a few projects put on hold from lack of knowledge. Joined the forum to try to gain more knowledge!

Comment

hey, im rian from indonesia
                    thank you for accepting join this forum..
                    sorry for my english
                    thanks again

Comment

Greetings, I'm an occasional visitor/information seeker who now has a question to ask, so I'm finally making my first post here.

Comment

Hi,

I am a database administrator from Turkey and now living in the UK.
                        Every broken thing in my house should be diagnosed and tried to be fixed by myself and last week my wife spilled a cup of coffee on her laptop. This will be challenging for me with the forums help i hope i will fix it.

Thanks in advance to all the people for their help.

Comment

Nice board. Found it while looking for of troubleshooting LED monitor issues.

Comment

Hey there everyone. I'm an amateur-level tinkerer with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. I'm looking for information on how to possibly revive my very old Toshiba TV because I'm too cheap to buy a new one if I can repair the one I have!

Comment

Hi everyone. This is Shawn from Malaysia and I am looking for some information to fix my Panasonic TV.

Comment

Hello all. I'm Dan from Chicago US. I have been doing electronics repair and IT for almost 30 years. Looking forward to helping others and learning more about other people's technical adventures.

Comment

Hi, a mechanically minded Jake here. Hoping I can shed some light on my Ford's PCM and how to fix it so that I don't need to buy a new one and have it flashed by the dealer. I remember using this site more than a decade ago when I was fixing a motherboard that I had in a gaming computer, back when I gamed. Those were the days......

Comment

Hey y'all. Mike from Memphis, here. Looking to share the electronics knowledge that I have gained over the years and looking forward to learning more.

Comment

Q

Comment

Hi, Todd from IL. I have a background in electronics with latest work being with phone systems.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                          As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                          So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                          where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                          New to site, just wanted to say hello and that I am excited about this community and resources we bring together.

Comment

Working...
                                          X