Emachines - Intel D102GGC2 board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emachines - Intel D102GGC2 board

Still confusing, because KZG/KZJ are known for failing without showing it...

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker View Post
      Still confusing, because KZG/KZJ are known for failing without showing it...
      Like I said.
      Caps can fail a number of different ways.
      If you want a definite answer then send me about $50k and I'll get some spectrum analyzers and other lab equipment and build a small lab in the back yard so I can see what their chemistry does for certain.
      Otherwise you're just going to have to live with educated guesses....
      Last edited by PCBONEZ; 02-14-2012, 10:36 PM.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

I know...just saying that bulging and measuring good is rather backwards for KZG and KZJ, for which invisible failure is typical.

Comment

I think it's probably common.

I don't measure bloated ones. - I just replace them.
          I imagine most people do it that way.

So you aren't going to fund my new lab?
          If you were ever in town I'd let you use the hot tub...
          Every lab should have a hot tub.
          All that 'stress' testing,,, you know..
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

lol

I think I just got that cap early. Yes, in the end KZG/KZJ fail completely and this is not good for the motherboard / graphics card they are on...

Comment

[QUOTE=REMorgan;153879]Hi Folks,

(1) KZG 3300/6.3 - bulging
              (4) KZG 1000/16v
              (15)KZG 820/6.3 - 2 bulging
              /QUOTE]

I also have the same problem emachine t5048 (bios flash with last intel fw) with the D102GGC2 board.

looking to replace it with
              1x 820uF 6.3v 8mm Samxon GD or nichicon HN
              4x 1000uF 16v 10mm nichicon HZ or Samxon GC or Panasonic FM
              15x 3300uF 6.3v 10mm nichicon HZ or Samxon GC

What brand do you recommend nichicon or Samxon?

Thanks,

Shazam

Comment

Go with the Nichicons. They are considered to be a better brand
                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Don't forget about UCC's NPCAP lines. Don't have large values when you pass 4v, but their impedance almost dips into the nano-ohm range they are so low.
                  Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                    Go with the Nichicons. They are considered to be a better brand
                    Thank.

will place my order when I can determent what cap i need for my dell 8400 to keep price down.
                    what i have so far
                    D102GGC2 board:
                    15x 820uF 6.3v 8mm nichicon HN
                    4x 1000uF 16v 8mm nichicon HZ
                    1x 3300uF 6.3v 10mm nichicon HZ
                    Dell 8400:
                    1x 2200uF 10v 10mm nichicon HZ
                    1x 2200uF 6.3v 10mm nichicon HN
                    5x 1000uF 10v 10mm Rubycon MCZ

Comment

Do you think nichicon HZ (0.006 vs 0.012) with half the impedance will cause a problem?
                      Last edited by shazam; 08-19-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I doubt it. They should work fine.
                        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Hey, remember that board I recapped 5 years ago?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=18

Well, this computer worked for years on a daily basis without a problem. I maxed the ram to 2GB (yes, this board cannot take 2GB DDR2 dimms..).

Several months ago I had some random BSOD, so I opened the case and found a bulging Rubycon MFZ. I can't blame the cap cause it was sitting under the LGA775 heatsink. I continued using compurer as a file server, then all the electrolytic capacitors on the CPU VRM out failed (3x Rubycon MFZ 680uF 4V 8mm). Computer kept working with some random BSOD, then it couldn't even boot Windows Xp

2 Panasonic FJS 820uF 6.3V 8mm capacitors bulged. I think those 2 caps are the VRM out capacitors for RAM.

I would like to find suitable replacement caps for MFZ. There is no datasheet available for them. Are they equivalent with MCZ? Another problem is that the replacement caps need to be no taller than the original or else they will touch the heatsink.

What a crappy design
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by goodpsusearch; 11-25-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I don’t know if it’s just the pictures, but the FETs (linear regulators, by the looks of it) by those Panasonic FJS look like they were running rather on the warm side. If a system of that age is worth it to you, I’d recommend polymodding both Panasonic FJS in that location and the 3 failed 680uF 4V Rubycon MFZs. As far as I know, Rubycon MFZ is supposed to be equal to Nichicon HZ.
                            Last edited by Wester547; 11-25-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Notice that the ram has 2 red leds right where the bulged caps are located. The airflow is blocked by the ram dimms and all this makes it a rather hot spot that cooked those FJs

Comment

Recapped it and works like a charm!

Used 3x Nichicon NA 560uF 4V 8mm polymer capacitors pulled from a dead motherboard to replace 3x Rubycon MFZ 680uF 4V 8mm.

2x Panasonic FJ 820uF 6.3V 8mm were replaced by 1x Panasonic FJ 680uF 10V 8mm and 1x Rubycon MBZ 1000uF 10V 8mm.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Nice, looks like the board has been really really toasty though!
                                  Also take a look at the VRM input caps (right by the parallel port).
                                  They look like they might be pushing their bungs out, as they are standing at odd angles...
                                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

This was just me recapping that board years ago

I tried to install the caps in a way that they don't get all the heat from the VRM mosfets and coils. Looks bad

Comment

Working...
                                    X