This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, I'm new here, my name is Martin from Czech Republic.
    Some time ago I opend small laptop service. Although I'm doing laptop repairs, I'm still newbie and I still learn.

Comment

My name is Russell and I am diagnosing/fixing a Samsung LCD TV and am working on the fix.

Comment

I'm Griz. I'm retired and screwing around with computers/phones/electronics keeps me sane.

Comment

poor_red_neck here, new to component level diagnostics when a simple blown cap/shorted diode/blown resistor isn't the problem. Hoping to fix a Sharp Aquos TV.

Comment

I'm just saying "Hi" as suggested to get restrictions lifted. So ... Hi !!

Comment

... Hi everyone, I'm new comer to the forum. I was searching for a Samsung 305T monitor power supply repair information and I found this site and it looks very help full with very dedicated people willing to help others... I'll continue my search for the information on how to fix this PS and I hope that some one will have some time to educate me.

I'll go sleep now and start fresh tomorrow.

Comment

Hoping to fix my Insignia NS-PDP50HD-08 and hoping to help other people with their tcs also. CAnt wait to get started

Comment

Hi! I've already learned so much from searching and browsing this forum. When I was a kid I was really into electronics and building my own audio circuits. However since then I rarely touched a soldering iron until a couple of weeks ago when my LCD TV broke. That got me into the fun of TV repairs and thanks to that TV breaking and the amazing helpful people in this forum I've already successfully repaired four broken TVs. It's fun that those skills I learned way back then are coming in useful again. Looking forward to more learning and sharing with this forum.

Comment

hello!
                    im new here im not good in english very much. im in the philippines. thank you.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am currently trying to repair a Vizio LCD TV. I have been searching the boards but will be posting questions. I have zero television repair knowledge, but I am not bad with electronics in general (not a professional by any means though).

Comment

Just blown a brand new screen printing machine sent over from the USA. Should have had a voltage gadget in the wall! Fuse gone, and capacitor blown. Maybe more. So I'm here for friendly advice on a fix

Comment

Saying hi as a new member. Actually bought caps previously from the site back in 2006.

Now I'm looking to take an MSI(7207) v2.0 MB and replace caps (since I see a couple bulged already) and it's still new in the box.

Comment

newb reporting!

Thanks for the forum!

Comment

Hello to all. As my screen name implies I am am ER Doctor who enjoys working on cars ( father was an auto mechanic), building computers, and repairing things that break, especially electronic ( a requirement growing up). I find this a relaxing change in pace, despite some of the words I utter during these projects. These added skills have come in handy when on medical missions in third world countries. I am amazed and in awe with how well my cell phone works better in remote areas in third world countries compared to how it works in my home.

My last project was soldering an open connection on a ribbon connector in an older model Samsung plasma TV that went out 2 months after the extended warranty expired ( I never buy extended warranties however this was a floor model at a steep discount). I contacted Samsung and they could not or would not provide me with a way to replace the ribbon cable. My current project, a LG pdp42x3 with a blown fuse on the Y-board, led me to this forum when I did a Google search.
                              Bruce

Comment

hey topcat. just wanted to say hello. I just Joined. thanks

Comment

Katsuragi in the house. I'm from Malaysia. When I was a kid (4-6 years old), it was my dream to build my own remote controlled car, with *ahem* unique modifications on it.

Well, now I've lost interest in it, but I still like dismantling things every now and then.

Comment

If you can't tell by my name, I need(ed) to see pic(ture)s before attempting an ATX supply fixup... Perhaps if it powers up when I'm through, I'll post my results.

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone, My name is Kevin, I live on the banks of the Clyde in Dunbartonshire, Scotland. I have been using Computers for 20 years. My very first Computer was an Amstrad 640 PC with a 5.25" Floppy drive.. I have moved on to using Apple based Machines, AS the Amstrad fried my brain. I am now 47, with a failing body.. So may ask for help sometimes with identifying small text on the sides of Components. I am happy to becoming a member.

Comment

Hi all, names Randy. Joined so I could see pics. Got just what I needed to fix my HP w2207 monitor. Probably bad caps. Thanks for a good forum with a lot of really knowledgeable people. Good to know for the future.

Ez

Comment

Ok so suppose I can play along with the little introduction page.

My names Alex and I have just recently graduated college with a degree in Information Science, I have recently began working as a computer technician/ programmer at a somewhat smaller business by my house while i attend grad school.

I think that this site will be helpful to me at work and outside of it.

but mainly i really need to figure out some things that i just cant seem to find from sorting through everything on the internet and im hoping that the people on here will be willing and able to help me out.

Comment

Working...
                                          X