Dell E228WFPC goes dim after 10 minutes, not 2 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E228WFPC goes dim after 10 minutes, not 2 seconds

Wow...I'd almost forgotten about this. Glad someone else could make some use of it!

Comment

Ugh, problems though.. Monitor was working great after the C806 reflow.. then I put it all back together and now the lower 2/3rds of the monitor aren't working

They are lighter than the top 3rd which makes me think the LCD row drivers now have an issue? What the hell could I have done wrong? I've disassembled the whole thing again and now I'm to my wits end, this monitor is about ready to go to the trash can
      Last edited by Josephur; 03-27-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josephur View Post
        Ugh, problems though.. Monitor was working great after the C806 reflow.. then I put it all back together and now the lower 2/3rds of the monitor aren't working

They are lighter than the top 3rd which makes me think the LCD row drivers now have an issue? What the hell could I have done wrong? I've disassembled the whole thing again and now I'm to my wits end, this monitor is about ready to go to the trash can
        You say you shoved the IC around, Have you created any bridges etc?

Just adding flux and reflow without moving it around is enough btw

Comment

Hello everyone I am here to confirm that reflowing c706 cured my monitor problems
          Tested for 1 hour and still running

Comment

Hi 1supertech,
            Would you please give a little more detail on c706. I can't locate it on the main board of my E228WFPC (yes,"C").
            Has the matter of c706 in relation to this unit already been discussed? I was unsuccessful with a forum search.
            Thanks much,
            beavrtek

Comment

btw, the issue I'm dealing with is the loss of backlighting within 2 sec of power on. ty.

Comment

Unless you meant c806? That would make sense. disregard.

Comment

I just found one of these monitors in the trash yesterday and it had this same issue. I removed C806 and tacked on a 1uf 50V electrolytic (neg on the pad that connects to D812) since that is what I had. The monitor is working now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X