Which Eprom programmer to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Eprom programmer to buy

I have done a lot of searching on the web and this forum, but did not find an answer.
    I'm looking for a programmer that can flash the W25Q64FW / W25Q32FW (1.8Volt), and perhaps later on different ones.
    I have found the EZP2010, EZP2013, EZP2019, CH341A but I have no idea which is better and more reliable in hardware/ software functions / updates.
    These links I have found:

EZP2019
    EZP2013
    CH341A
    EZP2010

Any one with experience with these model numbers ?
    Last edited by diamon; 01-16-2019, 01:32 PM.

Re: Which Eprom programmer to buy

ch341a can not run at 1.8v
    i dont know about the others.

Comment

tl866 with the 1.8v adapter
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8v-ADAP...-/121999972799

Comment

I cannot edit the original posting anymore, but it's not the W25Q64FW / W25Q32FW.
        The correct chips are W25Q32FVSSIQ and W25Q64FVSSIQ, these are 3V chips and not 1.8V

Comment

So does the RT809h with the adapter. As for cheap, go with the ch341a.

Comment

Thanks for the information.
            No one has experience with the EZP201X programmers?.

The EZP2019 is also cheap (under the $14 dollar), and it has a couple of adapters.

Is XGecu (www.xgecu.com) the original fabricator of the TL866II Plus, and is this a better to buy ?
            Last edited by diamon; 01-22-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I have a TL866 plus and the RT809h. The TL866 has a nice and easy software. It's not a mix between English and Chinese like on the RT809h. It all depends on the end what you want / need to program and what you can afford on the end of the day. In my case I have both, because one is not programming something the other one does and vise versa.

Comment

I have ezp 2010 and I've read and write gpu ,laptop, and one dslr bios.
                I have no problems with aside drivers but it turned out to be ok in win10.

Successful manually flashed gpus bios and I can't complain.
                Laptop bios was the original but those one where easy.
                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

i have an ezp2010 its fast and reliable. it can do most of the job with lightning speed..
                  Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

for wider selection on chips go for ezp2xxx,for cheaper ch341a with 1.8v adapter for 1.8v eeprom

Comment

does anyone have successful software for EZP2013 or the EZP2019 or the CH341A? because the only thing i can see im doing wrong cuz i dont now what fill in blanks with FF or 00. no idea why it doesnt just read and write like ezp2010.... my 2010 just broke. this is emergency can anyone help me out today give me the files? please thank you

Comment

these downloads are what i have but i cant seem to get mine to work...
                        Attached Files

Comment

working ch341 stuff:
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...83&postcount=4

or use flashrom
                          https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom

Comment

I have the TL866 which does not program 1.8V chips. So far it has done everything that I need but is it worth buying one of these EZP2019 programmers as well?

They are not that much more compared with the 1.8V adapter for the TL866 listed on this thread.

I'm programming mainly motherboard BIOS and possibly some GPU BIOS. If it is likely I am going to come across 1.8V eproms in future, I'm thinking I may as well get one now and keep it in the drawer for when it is needed, rather than have to put some job on one side and wait 4 weeks pr more for one to arrive in the future.

Rich
                            Follow me on YouTube
                            ------------------
                            Learn Electronics Repair
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

the TL866-II programs down to 1.8v - i just got one.
                              https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992209964.html

Comment

Mine is the TL866A or CS (it has the SPI adapter) not the -II
                                Follow me on YouTube
                                ------------------
                                Learn Electronics Repair
                                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Guys I'm reviving this topic to ask if in your opinion buying a TL866ii plus is a good move considering I only need it for TVs; or which one would you buy?

Also I found on a polish (I think) website a "homemade" programmer called NANDLite which is only for TSOP48 nand. Does any of you have experience with it?

Right now I'm using a ch341 which woks great but it can't do nand and I'm seeing nands more and more even on non-smart TVs so I guess I'll have to be prepared.
                                  TiA!

Comment

XGECU has a new universal progrmmer along side the TL866II called T56. It uses the same software as the TL866II too. The T56 is faster and it also does more chips.
                                    Last edited by CapLeaker; 09-10-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

T56 is 3x as expensive -if you need 48pins then it's a bargain compared to the competition though.

https://xgecu.aliexpress.com/store/4805043
                                      Last edited by stj; 09-11-2020, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Thank you both for the answers.

So you recommend the T56 over the tl866II

On the aliexpress page there is a link to a compatibility list, right now I want to try programming a H27U1G8F2CTR that I have on a LG tv but it's not on the list, so how does compatibility works?

Comment

Working...
                                        X