• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245B

Thanks will do

Comment

If the resistors are cheap, maybe order 2 or 3 in case it happens again.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Only other thing I've noticed is I've gone around the board checking the reisistors and a few of them don't seem to give any response (such as RX801S) is this normal?

Yeah I think I'll change the 3 together as they all look rather burnt

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodri2311 View Post
          don't seem to give any response
          1) Define "response".

2) What setting is your multimeter on?

3) Do you have a manual or auto ranging multimeter?
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It's manual, set to 200. I mean there is no change in the reading at all, stays on 1, as if there's no resistance at all.

Comment

It would be best to start on a high ohm scale check a reading, and then work your way down to 200 ohm scale untill you get a reading
              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodri2311 View Post
                It's manual, set to 200. I mean there is no change in the reading at all, stays on 1, as if there's no resistance at all.
                For manual range multimeters, you need an idea on what scale to use. For resistors, look up its value using this chart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resisto...band_resistors

When it stays on "1", it means the resistor is more than 200 ohms.

For autoranging multimeters, it sets the range automatically, but you still have to read the display correctly.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hi,
                  I'm also stuck with a broken 245b, no 24V but everything else working. I've cheked the RB805/7 resistors but they are OK. I check every part and used a working board to see a difference and still have no clue what's going on. I also got a new oscillator F9222L but with the same result. Somehow the curcuit is not oscillating, therefore I don't get 24V. Any Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by bermudahonk View Post
                    Hi,
                    I'm also stuck with a broken 245b,
                    Cross posting in multiple threads will not help anyone. It wil confuse people because info is spread all over the place. If you want help, post and keep your info in the other 245B thread where it originated.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Huzzah! Made good progress - replaced all 3 of those resistors and the screen now has life. Works fine except the image flickers faily regularly, so still not 100%. (I had to replace the resistors with larger ones as my choice was between a 1w which was far too small and the 2w that was bigger).

Thanks for the help guys, any idea what could be causing the flickering? The flickering is almost a very rapid dimming of the image that happens every 10seconds or so and will happen quite rapidly.
                      Last edited by Rhodri2311; 02-12-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Had the monitor on for a bit longer now and the flickering seems to have decreased a lot if that helps. It now flickers once every 3-10mins so guessing it gets better as something gets warmer.
                        Last edited by Rhodri2311; 02-12-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Flickering is usually caused by bad caps. Try measuring the 5V and 24V outputs again to make sure they're not fluctuating. Many members will suggest recapping the entire power supply. My suggestion, as a start, would be to replace the 4 caps (embedded in the white adhesive) located at the bottom of your inverter board.

Comment

It seems to have stopped completly now its been on for an hour - I think I'll take your advice and just change all the caps though to be honest, should only cost about £10 and hopefully would mean i dont need to tear it apart again for quite some time.

Comment

Replace the big cap too as per the other 245B t hread ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=140

Aruba had flickering and he solved it by replacing the big cap.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yes the "big" 82uF, 450V cap measured 0 uF and caused the typical 380VDC bulk voltage to fluctuate and causing the flicker. It has been awhile since that
                                LCD monitor was fixed and when I do see the owner I ask him if it it still good
                                and he tells me it is still working perfect.

Comment

Hi, I have the exact same problem.
                                  How many ohms are RB805, 06 and 07 if I should replace them?

Comment

nevermind - ignore
                                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by mersor View Post
                                      Hi, I have the exact same problem.
                                      How many ohms are RB805, 06 and 07 if I should replace them?
                                      Assuming you have the same power supply as the others, then they all are 68ohms. Try measuring their value with you meter.

Comment

Ok, thank you!
                                        06 and 07 are both at 68 ohm, but 05 is much higher.
                                        Will 68 ohm 0,25W work as replacements for all 3?

(Sorry for any bad english, I hope that you understand).
                                        Last edited by mersor; 07-11-2011, 02:42 AM.

Comment

The resistors are 1W. If the 05 resistor is measuring high, then try removing it from the board and remeasure it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X