Samsung ln-t4061f stuck in rebooting sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ln-t4061f stuck in rebooting sequence

I have a Samsung ln-t4061f that would just click when you tried to turn it on. I pulled off the back and saw that 4 caps were bulged. I ordered the replacement caps and installed them, when I plugged the tv back in it made a startup sound and went to a black (but back-lit screen). It will then shut itself down after about 10 seconds and then try to reboot again after about 5 more seconds. Any advise?

Re: Samsung ln-t4061f stuck in rebooting sequence

Always a good starting point when asking for assistance.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

sorry, dick barton. I will get some pics up, but I already replaced the bulged caps
      Last edited by engelwood39; 04-23-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Might try unplugging t-con and see if it stays on.
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

When I unplugged the T-con it didn't change anything.

Here are the pics. I put yellow arrows to the caps that I replaced with these caps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172024725260...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
          Attached Files

Comment

Check rectifiers on cold side around where you changed capacitors

Comment

What voltages do you have on CN801 when it first comes up and when it goes to black.

Check the soldering on T1801 for poor joints.
              Last edited by dick_barton; 04-24-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

dick_barton, I sent a picture of the solder joints on T1801. They look pretty good to me.

I also sent a picture of CN801 (2nd picture). It has a 24 pin connector to it and I'm not sure what you want me to test on it? Also does the ribbon cable need to be plugged in when I make the tests?

The 3rd Picture is of connector CN1801 and CN1802. I was wondering if that was what you maybe were wanting the voltage on instead of CN801?

Hey dskall, I am not sure how to test the rectifiers. Could you let me know what I should do to test them and where they are?
                Attached Files

Comment

Isn't this model known for bad caps which in turn corrupts the firmware on the main board?

Comment

+1
                    The previous threads do indicate bad capacitors and there are repair kits out there on Ebay so may be a good starting point to replace existing capacitors.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                      +1
                      The previous threads do indicate bad capacitors and there are repair kits out there on Ebay so may be a good starting point to replace existing capacitors.
                      I replaced the capacitors that were bad already. I replaced all four that are included in the Ebay repair kits. These are the capacitors that I used instead of buying the more expensive kit. They have the same ratings and were pretty popular on BadCaps preferred capacitors thread.

cliff_hootarski, Does that mean that replacing the capacitors may not be the fix? I may need to replace the main board?

Comment

Would need good pictures of front and back of mainboard to see if this is board with that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by engelwood39 View Post
                          I replaced the capacitors that were bad already. I replaced all four that are included in the Ebay repair kits. These are the capacitors that I used instead of buying the more expensive kit. They have the same ratings and were pretty popular on BadCaps preferred capacitors thread.

cliff_hootarski, Does that mean that replacing the capacitors may not be the fix? I may need to replace the main board?
                          The kit I believe which was referred to in that thread said changed all 9 capacitors?

Comment

Here are the pics of the main board dskall.

Dick Barton, Do you suggest that I replace all the capacitors on the power board? Also were you able to clarify what point you wanted me to test voltage at? Was it the CN1801 or CN801? (The attached pictures with those close up are on the post 6 up from this one)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Not a board I am familiar with having bad caps

Comment

CN801 I think it's marked. There's a legend on the board naming the pin out so if you could provide the voltages alongside could prove useful.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repair-Kit...-/230579176045

You may have an EEPROM problem if the set is rebooting but it's best to check the voltages are correct and caps have not failed first.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by dick_barton; 04-26-2017, 03:01 AM.

Comment

This is what I was thinking of when I said bad caps (on the power supply) could corrupt the eeprom data.

https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php/UnB...y_EEPROM_Reset

However, I don't see your TV listed.

Comment

does heating or cooling the boards alter anything?

Comment

Here are the voltages:

Power on/off: 2.78V
                                      STB 5.2V: 5.233V
                                      12V: 11.95V
                                      5.4V: 5.38V
                                      13V: 12.95

Just to clarify what is is doing: It plays a start up tune (i think its a startup tune) and then the backlight comes on with nothing displayed. It stays illuminated for approximately 30 seconds when it shuts down for a couple seconds and then starts the cycle over again back in a loop.

I already ordered the Ebay kit that has all of the caps that are on the board. Not sure it that is a waste of time at this point? Here is the kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330524305728...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Originally posted by engelwood39 View Post
                                        Here are the voltages:

Power on/off: 2.78V
                                        STB 5.2V: 5.233V
                                        12V: 11.95V
                                        5.4V: 5.38V
                                        13V: 12.95

Just to clarify what is is doing: It plays a start up tune (i think its a startup tune) and then the backlight comes on with nothing displayed. It stays illuminated for approximately 30 seconds when it shuts down for a couple seconds and then starts the cycle over again back in a loop.

I already ordered the Ebay kit that has all of the caps that are on the board. Not sure it that is a waste of time at this point? Here is the kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330524305728...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                                        Would it be recommended to try replacing all the capacitors on the power board at this point, or should I look in another direction?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X