X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all,
    My name is Vincent and I am VERY new to all this.

However it does grab my attention to the point where i want to learn everything I can about it. Of course it started with how flat screen TV's work and now I am interested in learning all there is to learn about them before I move on. I currently have fixed numerous ones for my family and have one now that is stumping me. I was referred to this forum by Jimmy's TV and now realize just how much I don't know about all this stuff. Not for long. I always appreciate boards such as these.
    Looking forward to it!

Comment

Hi all! New member Hurtinkitty here - Since 1993, I named my homebrew Hurtin' Kitty Ale and stole a picture of a cat from a Far Side cartoon; the cat had just been Heimliched out of a large fellow and looked like I feel the morning after a few too many homebrews, so...

Anyway, I was trained in Biomedical Electronics in the Air Force a LOOONG time ago; used to tinker with TVs when half of them could be fixed by a new 12AX7 tube and the other half could be troubleshot with a can of freeze spray, but it's been a while since I've been that hands on.

Currently have a dead 52" RCA TV. Found a thread by Keshenatech1 with what might be the same issue; no power, not even the red standby LED. My D18A and B diodes read dead short in circuit as his did in the thread from August 2018, "RCA LED52B45RQ power board issue" but there does not seem to be a follow up as to whether or not the diodes fixed his issue (and maybe can fix mine).

Should I try to extend that thread with my own post or just create a new thread (when I as a new member am allowed to do so!)? Any advice is appreciated!

Comment

Hello from Erie, PA. I have just enough skill with electronics to be dangerous.

Comment

hi all.. iam from jeddah .. sorry for my bad English

Comment

Greetings All From Davis, California.

Formal education in Mathematics. Been working as a Solution Architect for tech companies for way too long. Currently working with lots of emerging tech open source and having fun.
            Interest due to troubleshooting a backlighting issue on a visio e60u-d3, and even though I already ordered the boards, I wanted to read through the troubleshooting guides listed ... and also check out the pictures with the cats in the background from a previous poster... And thanks to everyone who hosts and contributes to these forums... this type of shared knowledge store is awesome!
            I'll push up my voltage measurements and which board solved the problem ( or if I need more help ) when I can publish and have swapped in the boards.

thanks and thanks in advance!

Comment

posting on the forum requires an introduction

so I will now commence my formal introduction

hello I am CapPun

this concludes my introduction

Comment

Hello All!! Live now in the great state of Georgia. Retired from AT&T from all various jobs. Don't want to bore you on them. Also electronic tech at various electronic companies. Just trying to keep up with the changing times from 8088 to the present. Go Steelers!!

Comment

Hi all i am new to component level troubleshooting.. hope to learn so as to be able to repair motherboards which are rather simple to fix, such as blown capacitors.

Comment

Hello, I'm italian with the passion of electronic. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, Mike from Robo-Rigs in Bethel, Ohio. I stumbled upon you guys looking for some help to brand an HP motherboard. Looking forward to learning more . Thanks for letting me in..

Comment

Hallo i am a old user bad i never post here.
                        I am from Greece and i am civil engineer.

In my free time i like to mod things in pc.

Comment

Hi

I'm from france and I'm just starting electronic computer fixing. This forum was adviced to me while I was looking for schematics for two HS laptop I got last week as my 'first repair try'.
                          Don't know what to add here, I love doing quite every thing by myself, and above everything fixing stuffs.
                          Hope someone will be able to help me here ^^

Comment

Hello all. I am new in this forum. I am interested to learn more about cap because I want to repare my HIFI loudspeaker. I am french living Vietma. I ha ve poor english but I can read not too bad.
                            I hope find solutions.
                            Thank you to all

Comment

Hello. I am from Clayton, DE, USA and am looking for help with my Samsung UN55FS9000 TV.

Comment

Hello from the USA. Looking forward to get to know the community!

Comment

Hello, i'm fixing everything i could. I also create some stuff on instructable (Yannick99) and also do my version of capacitor of carlson's lab cap tester here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEmvHvDReg&t=4s
                                  So i'm glad to be here. See you!

Comment

Hello All. Greetings from the Philippines :-) I am glad to join this forum so I could enhance my knowledge and skills. Thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone newb here my name is Chris just joined. Hoping to get some help as well as give help.

Comment

Hi Guys. My name is Kristof, I'm new here. I'm glad to be part of Your community. Fixing laptops is my hobby and I like to learn more and more

Comment

Hello from Germany,

I'm new here. Sorry for my bad or maybe funny English.

Hermann

Comment

Working...
                                          X