Need help with a Emerson 32" TV LC320EM2F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a Emerson 32" TV LC320EM2F

Ok, so I traded a laptop (only paid $50 for, worth $300) for an Emerson 32" LCD TV the guy powered it on via an inverter in his car which I thought was a bad idea. None the less it powered up after the power light blinked RED. Took it home all excited plugged it in to a cable line (COAX) and plugged in the power turned on the TV and heard buzzing coming from the back left it on for a minute when it started to smoke. Took the back cover off and found the issue, it was a capacitor with a bulging top got so hot it melted the shrink material that was wrapped around it.

Model: LC320EM2F

The capacitor is labeled as (HEC) 390uf 200wv neg20 85° C but i am unable to find this exact capacitor online or Ebay. I'd like a good quality capacitor replacement.

It's about as around as a 50cent piece and about 1in in height. I can get pictures later tonight when I get home if needed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eqtitan; 06-25-2012, 04:41 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Need help with a Emerson 32" TV LC320EM2F

Just checking you definitely used 115V AC (did he?) Very rare for a primary capacitor like that to go bad unless something else is bad on the power board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Just checking you definitely used 115V AC (did he?) Very rare for a primary capacitor like that to go bad unless something else is bad on the power board.
      Everything else checked out good on the board visually. Not sure what type or output he used when he used the inverter it was plugged into a power out in has escalade.

Comment

Did you see an actual picture on the set in his car or just the screen lit up white.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          Did you see an actual picture on the set in his car or just the screen lit up white.
          The start up screen that was searching for a signal (Search for Digital Signal) was displayed in lower right corner.

Comment

You will need to post pictures as follows.
            Welcome to the forum-
            We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

It will be useful if you can say what the supposed fault was and a bit about yourself - skills tools etc.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

You will need to post pictures as follows.
              Welcome to the forum-
              We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

It will be useful if you can say what the supposed fault was and a bit about yourself - skills tools etc.
              Pictures added to OP
              Last edited by eqtitan; 06-25-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Comment

Pictures are not clear enough for troubleshooting. need them to be square on
                  and in focus and one of the bottom of the board.
                  It there any evidence that the leads to the cap could have touched something under the board.
                  One of these should do you id get a 105 deg one.
                  http://www.digikey.sg/scripts/dksear...f+200v&stock=1
                  We have had similar boards recently where it has been thought that a diode may have blown if you can check them for shorts.
                  What is the part number of the board- looks like they may be available at a reasonable price.
                  Can we assume there is no way the guy could have switched sets on you?
                  as Tom says Big Cap blowing is not something we often see aprt from one
                  pc monitor that keeps cropping up.

Comment

Pictures are not clear enough for troubleshooting. need them to be square on
                    and in focus and one of the bottom of the board.
                    It there any evidence that the leads to the cap could have touched something under the board.
                    One of these should do you id get a 105 deg one.
                    http://www.digikey.sg/scripts/dksear...f+200v&stock=1
                    We have had similar boards recently where it has been thought that a diode may have blown if you can check them for shorts.
                    What is the part number of the board- looks like they may be available at a reasonable price.
                    Can we assume there is no way the guy could have switched sets on you?
                    as Tom says Big Cap blowing is not something we often see aprt from one
                    pc monitor that keeps cropping up.
                    No leads did not touch anything under board the frame it attached to was plastic and non conductive. I looked up the part number for the board and checked Ebay the cheapest replacement board was $81 shipped.

None of these look the correct size of the one they are replacing....is digi-key located in the USA?
                    Last edited by eqtitan; 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Hi - its international - dont know how I got the singapore page just type in digikey.com into your browser and search for 390uf 200v then narrow it down by size. Can you tell US the board number and redo the pics.

Comment

Need parts list 4 d610 (1zb36) orignal part# 4 lc320em2f emerson and d1208 (1m200z) orignal part# 4 emerson lc401em24

Comment

Hi !
                          I am working on the same model...this is my list =

Blown fuse
                          Shorted Q600 = TK10A50D
                          Shorted D610 = 1ZB36 ( 36V 1 watt zener )
                          Shorted D640 = SK2B ( SMD on bottom of board )
                          Open R608 = .19 ohm

Update ASAP

T.

Comment

I also need some information. Working on the same model and my power supply board is BA17F1F0102 3 and the number on the sticker is A17FDMPW.
                            I've already replaced about 5 parts - mosfet, zeners, resistor, etc.
                            I now have two burned resistors and can't identify the values.
                            The reference numbers are R635 and R636. They are located on the bottom right side of the board, above the fuse and to the right of the optocoupler.
                            Would really appreciate the values. I can't make out the color codes from the pictures that have been posted.
                            Does anyone have a link to the schematic of the power supply?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by mu2 View Post
                              I also need some information. Working on the same model and my power supply board is BA17F1F0102 3 and the number on the sticker is A17FDMPW.
                              I've already replaced about 5 parts - mosfet, zeners, resistor, etc.
                              I now have two burned resistors and can't identify the values.
                              The reference numbers are R635 and R636. They are located on the bottom right side of the board, above the fuse and to the right of the optocoupler.
                              Would really appreciate the values. I can't make out the color codes from the pictures that have been posted.
                              Does anyone have a link to the schematic of the power supply?

Thanks in advance
                              Hello, I just started to work on the same board. I've tried replacing the fuse but it keeps blowing out so now I'm checking all the components that have been listed on this thread.

The values for R635 and R636 are 120ohm 5%.

You mentioned replacing 5 parts so far, can you please list the reference numbers? Has replacing them solved the problem?

thanks

Comment

The tv isn't working yet, haven't had much time lately.
                                The parts that I have replaced are:
                                R608, D604, D645, D648, Q600 and D640 on the bottom of the board.
                                Also replaced the two 120 ohm resistors I mentioned before - but that fault wasn't related to the original problem.
                                Right now the transformer is squealing when the set is connected to power. I haven't left it on long enough for fear of more damage.
                                Check out this thread. I think this set uses the same power board.
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=lc320ss2
                                The writer lists some digikey part numbers.

Mike

Comment

change the opto and the 2 zeners after the rectifiers on the secondary side.the opto dies with the chopper and caused an overshoot.

Comment

i have this same tv and problem with power supply , replaced parts and tested others i still dont have power , there is no clicks or nothing when pluged in. i have power at the zenner d604 not sure where it stop after that trying to follow the circuits still

Comment

D611 is the part that needs replacement. Problem is, I can;t find ANYWHERE to purchase it.

go to youtube and type in the Emerson LC320EM2F repair. There is a repair video (in spanish) that shows you the part that you need. Can anyone help me find the D611 part for purchase?

Johnny

Comment

The schematic I have only has a part number for D611 which is 12B220-YBB. I'm guessing it's a 220 volt zener based on the numbers it has.

Comment

Working...
                                        X