Asus X556UV motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X556UV motherboard

Hello everyone i would like to ask you opinion a bout this motherboard.
    The guy who gave the laptop to me said it stoped working from nowhere when he was working on it and then no signs of life even with charger pluged in.

So i took a look at it and find out this whole (CPU (i think) power circuit is shorted to ground same on the other side of the chip.

I was thinking the main IC went poof since the notebook shows no signt of life no led nothing.

So my question is do you guys think its balls shorted under cpu or some mosfet
    or the main IC is blown ?
    Attached Files

Re: Asus X556UV motherboard

Originally posted by TheNikdo View Post
    Hello everyone i would like to ask you opinion a bout this motherboard.
    The guy who gave the laptop to me said it stoped working from nowhere when he was working on it and then no signs of life even with charger pluged in.

So i took a look at it and find out this whole (CPU (i think) power circuit is shorted to ground same on the other side of the chip.

I was thinking the main IC went poof since the notebook shows no signt of life no led nothing.

So my question is do you guys think its balls shorted under cpu or some mosfet
    or the main IC is blown ?
    as first get a schematic and a boardview because the shorted area u r marked is mostly whole board power circuit, so u need to separate areas of different power circuit. for this purpose there is PJP jumpers where u can wipe solder from it to separate power circuits to locate short

Comment

CPU VCore will always measure low resistance to ground, that's normal, nothing to see there.

You need to take a look at the charger circuit. Most common "sudden death" issue with no sign of life on those is shorted DC-in MOSFET. Could be something else obviously, but that's what I'd check first.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you guys for tips i got the boardview i did look thru it i chased around my theory about the itc and found out that this resistor on the pin A/D_MAX_POWER is shorted to ground its just 0 ohm pull up ? and it leads to the ic it8995e.
        Thats why i thinked its about the IC gonna look some more check the mosfets etc
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X