Delta proprietary chips? What are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta proprietary chips? What are they?

Many Delta PSUs use 16-pin chips labelled DNA1001D and DNA1002D. Does anybody have the standard part numbers for these or the pinouts? The DNA1001D is always found in the high voltage section, the DNA1002D in the low voltage section. Doom.com lists these as Hitachi parts, but I can't figure out which Hitachi part numbers match. Deltas that use these chips also have a standard LM324 op amp chip that handles overvoltage detection and maybe some other things.

Re: Delta proprietary chips? What are they?

I worked for Delta 1998-2001 doing tech support. Both ICs are proprietary ASICs. The DNA1001D has a power factor correction controller (possibly similar to a UC3854) and a PWM (similar to the UC3842) in one IC. The DNA1002D integrates several "housekeeping" functions (I forget which ones specifically) such as current limit, output sequencing, and OVP (the LM324 may be used as the main error amp and/or magamp controller and/or to monitor more O/Ps for OVP than the ASIC can). At the time I was with Delta, these ASICs were usually used in more expensive (than 200W-250W PC P/Ss, which were being sold to Apple, Dell, et al for $12-$15 US).

mod comment : certainly coudn't get a better response than that, thanks Pete!
    Last edited by willawake; 12-30-2005, 01:44 PM.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Thanks, Pete, great answer!

Comment

I have an application circuit from a Delta ATX PSU (about 150W):
        Pin 1 is the Power Enable Output (open collector)
        Pin 3 is the Power Good output (open collector)
        Pins 6 and 12 apparently have something to do with the oscillator frequency.
        Pins 4 and 7 are a bit uncertain; feedback change delay or soft starting?
        Pin 5 is the Power Enable Input (turns the supply on)
        Pins 12, 13 and 15 - a bit unsure; something to do with feedback of a supply other than +5V, +12V, -12V?
        Pins 2, 9, 10, 11 and 16 are self-explanatory.

I cannot find anything about the DNA1002 providing current limiting and output sequencing.
        Attached Files
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

thanks for the IC's circuit. It will help me alot.

Comment

The DNA1001 and 2 are the same ICs used on the original Delta brand Xbox power supplies.
            Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Many thanks for the circuit and description.
              I hope this gives me help.

Comment

Re: DNA1001 Ic Data Required. What are they?

Ic data Search DNA1001 which used in dell power Supply

Comment

"The DNA1001D has a power factor correction controller (possibly similar to a UC3854) and a PWM (similar to the UC3842) in one IC."

That guy is mistaking! I spent few days to make schematic diagram for each of them.

He explains about DNA1005A. Here is schematic for 1005D:
                  http://www.rom.by/comment/256829

DNA1001D don't have any APFC! Here is diagram for 1001D
                  http://www.rom.by/comment/256326

So far I didn't get any power supply with DNA1001DL in SOP-16. That one is strange...

Comment

i did some additional investigation on the delta ic DNA1001

one missing wire from the drawing of the previous comment there a missing wire from pin 8 of dna1001 to IC2 pin 4 ( opto) need to be added tio the schematic

pin assignement ( what i found )
                    #1 could be slope compensation or current sense
                    #2 gnd
                    #3 output mosfet drive
                    #4 ?
                    #5 5V ref output
                    #6 osc (need a capacitor to gnd and a resistor to 5V ref to set the frequency)
                    #7 gnd
                    #8 voltage feedback in
                    #9 soft start ( larger capacitor make power supply longer to ramp out the output)
                    #10 shutdown (0V =power suppling running 5V = shut down)
                    #11 ?
                    #12 ?
                    #13 ?
                    #14 ?
                    #15 could be slope compensation or current sense
                    #16 gnd

Carl

Comment

Pin 15 is current sensing and Pin 4 is the common of the 200/250V primary electrolytic pair.
                      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
                      X