Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pioneer p4000dvd double din. blank display, fully functional otherwise: touch and all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer p4000dvd double din. blank display, fully functional otherwise: touch and all

I have a pioneer p4000dvd double din head unit DVD player. The screen has gone blank, no backlights or anything. The touch controls still work, if you know where to touch. All controls and audio work fine. Just no display. The side buttons work and light up fine.

I tried reading around ... seems like a common problem with these pioneer displays. I tried angling a light at the screen in an attempt to see if the backlight was out, but I couldn't see anything.

I tore it down, nothing looks out of the ordinary. The touchscreen panel is actually a separate panel from the LCD assembly.

Anyone have any experience? Is there any fixing this? I found a similar part number on a Chinese website to try and replace the screen. I'd rather try to fix it if it's possible, but I feel like it might be too intricate. And I don't know if the problem is in the LCD assembly or not either.
    Attached Files
Working...
X