• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Oops!

Comment

hello! My names Phil, Im from Swansea in Wales. I studied electronic servicing to level 3 early 2000 and I worked in a car radio repair shop for a few years. gave it all up and lost my confidence... untill coming across a video on youtube about flat screen tvs. first time I had seen inside one and I was pleased to see they are laid out alot better than the older CRT TV's and also pleased to see the power supply 'changed too much and that there are serviceable components I recognize inside. I have bought afew broken tv's and fixed them over the last week, and in doing my home work I have found myself here at BADCAPS Enjoying reading thru and getting to know you guys! I dont think I have anything to share that will help you out much but if I ever do... cheers in advance for the help take it easy guys!

Comment

Hello! Roman Martinez, Electrical Engineer... love taking apart things, figuring out how they work and repairing them... hopefully I can get some help with my Vizio TV here. Thanks!

Comment

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. Electronic engineering technician with experience in rf, powersupplies, lighting, robotics, plc(mostly Allen Bradley), microcontrollers and more. Currently working at Caterpillar repairing industrial robotic automation.

Comment

Hello All, I've been lurking about in here to try to fix a Samsung PN50C490B3DXZA 50" plasma. The damned thing is only two years old!

There is an incredible amount of info in here and I think my brain may explode. These forums rock!
            Thanks so much,
            Skipfinder

Comment

My name is Steve, born and raised in Kansas, retired from AT&T Support Services--I was a property and fleet manager from 1980 until retirement. I'm guilty of being a devout gearhead; I enjoy residential construction, gardening, and fixing anything that's broken. I graduated from Wichita Tech Institute in 2010 and found that electronics can be fun, if you understand it. I need patient mentors. I arrived at this site because my 21 year-old son asked me to fix his Plasma TV and I discovered that there are folks out there in cyberland who like fixin' broken electronics.

Comment

My son't Plasma TV is a Vizio VP50HDTV (samsung S50HW YD02). When I searched for documentation, it was missing information which I thought would be critical to understand theory and board identification and function. How does a novice go about understanding and diagnosing this unit? It appears there's a lot written about problems on the main board, but this one looks good. Fuses all good but one cap on the far right board. Any ideas for me to move forward?

Comment

Hi, I'm Alex...currently living in Costa Rica. Due to weather and severe electrical storms my electronics are going bad. Joing this site to learn from other members experiences and advice along with t/s techniques.
                  Thank you in advance.

Comment

Dan from Detroit....

Comment

Namaste & Shalom,

Keshet Israel here.. Aka: Jerry C.

I'm totally into reading and learning everything I can about electronics and I want to do it all Right! I have an HTC android that can take good pics, so I hope to put up my work projects here wherein I have problems as well as hope to help other's with theirs as I grow; so shall the community here!

I was an electrician's helper for 4 years and a computer guy since 12 years old, only started working on their build when I turned 21. I'm about to be 42 in Jan. Single.. White.. Entheogenic Priest. Teach me all you can.. I'll retain it and help other's with it.

Shalom.. Keshet <>< (CounterStrike: CIA:::JesusIsReal:::CIA; Christ in Action)

Comment

Hello. I have some tech experience with computers. Right now I am having a problem with a Vizio LCD TV.

Comment

Hello all. Currently trying to figure out an RCA plasma that's only a year and a half old. This seems like the place to be!

Comment

Hi my name is LIU,

I found this forum by chance, hopefully will learn something new in repairing motherboards.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm a qualified Electronics and Communications Systems Technician with many years of tinkering before getting a qualification.. Background in communications systems and microcontrollers/PCB design.

Finishing another degree in sciences. I have quite a bit of experience making and repairing things both in a cleanroom environment and in the "MacGuyver" environment.

Look forward to contributing where I can.

Comment

Just stumbled onto this forum looking for advice and I'm pleased I did!

I'm an engineer based in Bristol UK, I have been tinkering with electronics since childhood and had career in the building services industry (HV/LV, BMS etc) and recently I set up a workshop.

Mainly focusing on audio kit as I use a lot of it myself, I'm repairing and servicing equipment so the wide range of info I've seen will be very handy and I will contribute my knowledge experiences where applicable

Comment

Ok a little about me im 28 trying to learn a little about component level repair still very new at all this but trying to learn. have repaired several items already ranging from car audio amp to portable dvd player a few projection TV's and a couple of plasma TV's but as I said im new at all this really don't know what im doing kind of guessing my way through this recently have been working on a vizio that is being a pain so I thought I would sign up and get some advice...

Comment

Hi,
                                    I stumbled on this forum looking for a clue faulting an iMac 17". The normal PC layout would allow replacement of PSU without complete dissembly so a bit of a learning curve. I also attempt repair of various laptops and anything interesting. Former Fujitsu employee, now retired.

Comment

I'm Zenzee and I have a broken plasma tv.

Comment

Hello , name's Todd down in Brandon Fl. U.S.A. I just started repairing TVs for my own personal use but have a lot of experience repair computers ( not on a component level ) . I have just one tv under my belt : a 42" hitachi that i put an insignia mainboard in . The main reason I am here now is to get information about repairing a proscan 55" 55lc55s240v69 that i just purchased used and inoperative . If anyone has information ( or parts locally ) on this model i would appreciate it . My set has basically the same symptoms as the other sets which have been mentioned here , Additionally with mine i can hear a buzzing coming from the area around VD812 .

Comment

Hello, My name is Marty. I'm an avionics engineer in St. Louis, MO, have a degree in electronics as well. I used to work on component level repairs of TVs, aircraft electrical equipment, or whatever, but haven't in so long I think I have forgotten more than I ever knew. I have a Samsung LN32C540F2D LCD TV that will not power up so I've been going through all of the threads trying to find something that pertains to my situation. Nothing yet, but this site seems like a wealth of knowledge, hoping to find a fix!

Comment

Working...
                                          X