Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PB660V Plasma tv Help Please

LG 60PB660V Plasma tv
    connected to the mains red led on - press remote for set to come on led goes out
    on the power board con that goes to Zsus
    VS= 210 volts
    VA = 56 volts
    M5V = 5 volts

On Zusu board con p132 18 volts is only 4 volts removing the lead to ysus makes no difference

Is my zusu faulty

thanks for any help in advance

Re: LG 60PB660V Plasma tv Help Please

What symptoms are you seeing on the screen? What is the Vsc voltage on the Y-Sus Bd. If you disconnect the connector P132 does the 4V rise to 18V?

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me - there is no sign of life on the screen at all Vs voltage at P130 Y-Sus board is 204 volts - disconnecting P132 at the Z-Sus makes no change stays at 4 volts

Comment

Did you try a Logic Bd. test? To tst the Logic Bd. That is the little Bd in the center, look for two holes called 'EXT AUTO GEN'. Disconnect the cable that comes from the Main Bd. Insert a piece of wire to bridge the two holes. Plug in the TV and turn it ON. If you see the test patterns running then the Main Bd. is faulty. If no test patterns show then another board is defective.
        BUT BEFORE DOING THAT look on the Y-Sus Bd for two resistors labeled Vsc, the RED DMM probe is places on the +ve and BLACK DMM probe on the -ve and another test point -Vy. Do these voltages match what is on the label????
        Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 10-29-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

hi no need info how to do this please

Comment

Didn't quite catch your grammar, there. What do you mean?

Comment

Hi Andrew sorry I have not been very well and was unable to continue this repair until now - I am looking for the resistors you mention on the Y-sus board however I cannot locate them I am attaching a picture of my board
              thanks Ray
              Attached Files

Comment

-Vy is measured across R254 (+) RED probe and GR170 (-) BLK probe and you could measure Vsc with RED probe on pin3 or 4 and BLK probe on chassis GND.

Comment

volts across r254 = 2 volts
                  volts from r254 to gr170 = 0 volts
                  volts at pins 3 & 4 vsc = 2.5volts

I have not linked the pins on the small board yet

Comment

Did anyone find i fix for this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                      Did you try a Logic Bd. test? To tst the Logic Bd. That is the little Bd in the center, look for two holes called 'EXT AUTO GEN'. Disconnect the cable that comes from the Main Bd. Insert a piece of wire to bridge the two holes. Plug in the TV and turn it ON. If you see the test patterns running then the Main Bd. is faulty. If no test patterns show then another board is defective.
                      BUT BEFORE DOING THAT look on the Y-Sus Bd for two resistors labeled Vsc, the RED DMM probe is places on the +ve and BLACK DMM probe on the -ve and another test point -Vy. Do these voltages match what is on the label????
                      Hi sorry about hijacking this thread, I got the same problem as the op but on the ysus board I get 0 voltage on the VY. on the Z sus the vzb voltage is 73.
                      ( It doesnt have the resistors VSC).

All the voltages are there i.e 205/Vs and the 55/Va

I inserted a wire at EXT AUTO GEn and it did not generate any test patterns so main board is ok.

But as the op I get 4 volts when there should be 18v output from the zsus.

On the Ysus board there is no voltage going to the buffers.
                      I have checked the Y sus board and I cant find anything wrong with it.

I'm going to check the Zsus tomorrow

Comment

Hi thuss - did you solve this tv repair - I had Ysus and both buffer boards repaired / checked by professional repair guy still no go with this tv missing is the 18volts on the Zsus panel - tried EXT AUTO GEN still no screen main panel and power supply also replaced - I dont want to bin this tv now as spent quite a bit on it so far - many thanks Ray

Comment

Originally posted by raybla View Post
                          Hi thuss - did you solve this tv repair - I had Ysus and both buffer boards repaired / checked by professional repair guy still no go with this tv missing is the 18volts on the Zsus panel - tried EXT AUTO GEN still no screen main panel and power supply also replaced - I dont want to bin this tv now as spent quite a bit on it so far - many thanks Ray
                          sorry no- still working through it.

Comment

Hi thanks hope you can fix it still trying to repair mine going to look for a Ysus panel now

Comment

There's a few threads with LG panels, have a look at them - they all seem to have similar problems, mostly with the Ysus not supplying the 18v to the Zsus. The issue seems to be centered in the power supply section of the ysus board.

Comment

faulty buffer boards

Comment

Hello,

I have a problem with my 48 in Samsung Plasma TV (images attached).

When I was watching my TV a month ago, I heard a very small explosion after-which the screen turned black so I have turned the TV off. After 5 minutes I turned it back on to find that I have an image but it is washed out and pixelated. I kept it on for a while and then I turned it off for about two weeks. Afterwards, I turned it back on to find out that the screen has two or three large black patches which will slowly recede to reveal the washed out pixelated image. I believe the black patches are only shown when the TV has been cool for a while.

Any idea how can I solve this problem? I need some expert help please!

Thank you in advance and sorry for posting on an existing thread.

Best Regards,
                                  Amr
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Pat P & Chrismurphy thanks for your input, This is what I found on the Ysus panel Q552/Q553 shorted R559 o/c replaced with the correct parts
                                    C873 on top buffer board blown not sure what value is here had another board handy - tv now repaired many thanks all

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thanks for the update, good job!

Comment

Working...
                                        X