Dreamlink T1 plus two green lights, need working dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamlink T1 plus two green lights, need working dump

I've got one oft these Dreamlink T1+ android boxes here with 2 green lights on the front as soon as one turns it on. There is no eeprom or spi flash on that thing, just one Essencore i3e-8gth2cmre eMMC that's it. I've did measurement's to no avail, there is no data of any kind going. So I took that eMMC off and put it in my BGA153 programmer. Aaaand? It's dead! Can't read anything from it. I actually turned that android box on without the eMMC and it behaves the same.

I wonder if someone as any dump files from a working T1 plus?

Re: Dreamlink T1 plus two green lights, need working dump

Got a second one of these Dreamlink T1 plus today. Exact same thing than the post above. Both green lights are on and the eMMC is dead. Can't read nothing from it. Ugh!

Comment

strange, are they over-volting or cooking the chip?

Comment

It doesn't look cooked at all. Weird thing is that a lot of them Dreamlink T1 plus's fail with the 2 green lights on, but nobody seems to know why. Well, the 2 light's are on, because it can't see nor read from the eMMC.

Comment

Here it goes... dismantling time!
          I did some work on how to connect my RT809h to this Dreamlink using flying wires. Reason is, because I have one T1 plus in my possession that actually does work! I dind't want to chance anything to ruin the working one, because it doesn't belong to me. BTW, thanks to the owner for lending me his!

I've made some pics and scribbled on them, so who ever wants to read their eMMC of the Dreamlink T1 plus can do so, without taking the eMMC off. It looks easy on the pictures, but just wait until you see the actual board. This is really small guys. Forget it without having magnification of some sort.

Just put the RT809h in Auto ISP, 3.3V and you are good to go. It takes like 45 mins or more to read it.

That's it for me today... next step is to program a new eMMC and solder that back on to the broken T1 plus.

stj: I did measure about 3.37VCC and VCCQ on the working one.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CapLeaker; 01-16-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

"Just put the RT809h in Auto ISP, 3.3V and you are good to go"

Sorry, mistake... put the RT809h in Smart Identify > EMMC ISP> 3.3V, leave it on auto and read the chip.

Comment

I proved today that reading the eMMC on the working T1 plus, doing a factory reset, reading the eMMC again, then flashing the first files I had read back to the eMMC, the box is still working and the factory reset was reversed. That was done with flying wires using the RT809h, I didn't take the eMMC off the board.

Ran into a little snag, where I had burnt the 47k resistor on the D0 line (see pics above) and that changed it to 67k. The box wouldn't boot like that. That got me going all right, because I thought I had bricked it. Switched the resistor out and the box was working fine afterwards.

The project is coming to an end for now, as I ran out of chip quick. So things have to wait for 3 weeks or so. After that I'll see if it is possible flashing the files I took from the working T1 plus to a 16GB eMMC and install that to one of the wrecked boxes and fire that up.

Comment

Well, it is just about a month later now. Received the solder paste I needed to complete this project. Here is the verdict:

SUCCESS!!!

I've copied the image I took from a working box a while back to my salvaged 16GB EMMC (double the size), then I've soldered the flashed chip back to the board. Turned it on and it works!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CapLeaker; 02-15-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

The original Essencore I3E-86TH2CMRE 8gb EMMC is readable as a THGBM5G5A1JBAIR on the RT809h. Just fixed another one.

The dump of the EMMC is unfortunately too big to post here.

Comment

Here is a CLEAN dump of the EMMC for a Dremlink T1 plus. Warning: This is not a file to put on a USB stick! You need a programmer and copy the .bin files directly to the EMMC either with flying wires or take it off / replacement EMMC / and the bga153 adapter and a RT809h.

The link to the dump is here:
                    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bq...JV0U_aGzNuMWXT

Enjoy!

Comment

If one has a single red light and the unit wont boot, it's again something with the eMMC. I just repaired one by taking the eMMC off, read it and soldered it back to the board.
                      Another T1 plus saved.

Comment

I have two units with 2 green lights on both so just program the dump on the new chip and solder back and should be ok?

Comment

Also can someone give me a source to the 8GB chip, or capleaker if you can PM me with more info that would be great

Comment

Nice work, CapLeaker. I have here a first gen Amazon Fire TV box that is stuck in an update loop. I suspect it's the eMMC as well but don't have the tools to repair it.

Comment

you can probably do the fire-tv with a usb sd-card reader and a level shifter.

Comment

You mean to program the emmc or in place of it ?

Comment

to program it.

Comment

Originally posted by voip2014 View Post
                                    I have two units with 2 green lights on both so just program the dump on the new chip and solder back and should be ok?
                                    Probably the Essencore emmc is dead, which is 95% the case, I So you have to pull the spec sheet from the original and find a similar emmc if you need to replace it, just like i did. You cant put just some emmc in it, as some are faster than others. Depending on if you have the proper adapter for the programmer or not, you can either program the emmc off the board, or with flying wires with the emmc already soldered on board and the dump I provided. You do need an emmc programmer, I used the RT809h. The dump is not going to install via usb or something. I've got replacement emmc's from either salvaged units or Aliexpress. The thgbmfg7c1lbail worked perfect as a replacement and it had double the capacity, see post #8, first and second picture.
                                    Last edited by CapLeaker; 12-22-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

r
                                      Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                                      Nice work, CapLeaker. I have here a first gen Amazon Fire TV box that is stuck in an update loop. I suspect it's the eMMC as well but don't have the tools to repair it.
                                      No, with a dead emmc, there is no loop. it's dead. I think there is a corruption of some sort. I haven't come across a bad emmc that has a memory problem where just certain sectors die, like in a nand. The bad emmc's were so far always dead. No read or write etc. Open your box up and upload some pictures, so we can see what kind of flash is on there.
                                      Last edited by CapLeaker; 12-22-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                                        r

No, with a dead emmc, there is no loop. it's dead. I think there is a corruption of some sort. I haven't come across a bad emmc that has a memory problem where just certain sectors die, like in a nand. The bad emmc's were so far always dead. No read or write etc. Open your box up and upload some pictures, so we can see what kind of flash is on there.
                                        SanDisk SDIN8DE2-8G
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X