• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo L560 - bios PWD

the original ec was dead

Comment

This error reason i use patch file patch file work without error.Now you save old main bios?

Comment

I wrote ec from another disc and wrote down the old bios now is no password tpm is ok. I could turn it off but I got stuck on error 189 and 2201 uuid.
        maintrence saving does not help

Comment

Dear bad caps community!

I could successfully read/write from my BIOS chip 25q128fvsq to a raspberry pi 3b+ and vice versa using a "8 pin SOIC8 Test Clip" and "6 x female to female jumper wires" (thank you "PA8600: Tech Videos and More").

Unfortunately the provided unlocked bios dumps from mcplslg123 and dr_laptop05 did not work for me. As majkel_27@o2.pl wrote the fan was speeding up and there was a dark screen after flashing the bios chip and pressing the power button.

What steps do I need to do in order to patch my original/backuped bios dump in order to get rid of the annoying supervisor password?

Since I have 3 x lenovo L560 laptops I also plan to exchange the portion of the HEX difference with the other two laptops as soon as I have a working unlocked bios dump from the first laptop.

Please help to save environmental resources...

Many thanks in advance!

Other sources:
          https://github.com/bibanon/Coreboot-...h-Raspberry-Pi
          https://tickett.wordpress.com/2018/0...ssword-part-2/
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63912

Comment

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

I have a L560 with SVP.
            Here is my unpatched and my patched bios:

The Laptop Fan runs high for about 3 Seconds and then it turns itself off again with the patched bios.
            I tried pulling the hard drive off and put it on again. Also tried other ram. Anyone an Idea what I could try?

Bios chip 25q128fvsq
            KBC Nuvoton NPCE388NA1DX
            Board LA-C421P rev 1.0

just found my S/N FC-04KEZX
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Vesko356; 05-11-2023, 01:27 PM. Reason: Merging posts.

Comment

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by DrSnuggles View Post
              I have a L560 with SVP.
              Here is my unpatched and my patched bios:

The Laptop Fan runs high for about 3 Seconds and then it turns itself off again with the patched bios.
              I tried pulling the hard drive off and put it on again. Also tried other ram. Anyone an Idea what I could try?

Bios chip 25q128fvsq
              KBC Nuvoton NPCE388NA1DX
              Board LA-C421P rev 1.0

just found my S/N FC-04KEZX
              I am not exactly sure if this is the right place but you people seem to have the same issue as me.
              There seems to be a tool called autopatcher that can be found here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588
              Some people claim that they successfully got rid of the SVP on a L560 in that thread but so far I have not been able to recreate that. I ordered a t48 since the ch341a is crappy even with the 3,3V mod and a whole bunch of bios chips. I hope the power will be sufficient to read the chip with a clamp, otherwise I will try thicker magnet wire and soldering.
              A good tip if you attempt this: use low melt solder. You can get mechanic x for around 12 bucks from china. Makes desoldering much safer for the laptop. Just be aware that you need more flux.

I also found a few people on ebay selling chips or images of chips that are supposed to be able to unlock the L560 but somehow I think they just use the autopatcher and call it a day.

There are a few questions I am asking myself

a) is there an option to reverse engineer the actual password on the MEC/EC?
              b) can I just take a MEC and bios chip from a donor board or will this get issues with things like mac adresses?
              c) Is there some cheaper alternative to those svod programmers for the nuvoton chips now?

Comment

I can comfirm autopatcher is not working, and will destroy your notebook.

I have a L560, it is working. I set the SVP, read BIOS, use autopatcher patcher the bios. write patched BIOS back, and it cannot power on.
                I reflash back the original BIOS, still not power on.
                I am not de-soldered BIOS CHIP, using onboard flash. this method works for L380/L390/T480s etc. but it failed for L560.
                NOW my L560 is dead.

Comment

l560
                  need patch
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lamdy View Post

I have a L560, it is working. I set the SVP, read BIOS, use autopatcher patcher the bios. write patched BIOS back, and it cannot power on.
                    I am not de-soldered BIOS CHIP, using onboard flash. this method works for L380/L390/T480s etc. but it failed for L560.
                    NOW my L560 is dead.
                    because you didn't read properly your bios. this happens when you read it onboard instead desoldering. I unlocked several L560 without problem. The fact that writing back original bios dump you save it and not working should tell you that you didn't read it properly.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                    all donations are welcome,
                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                    >>>>>
                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by karem adel View Post
                      l560
                      need patch
                      [ HOW TO USE THE PATCH ]
                      STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
                      STEP 2: Boot the machine
                      STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
                      STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                      STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                      STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                      STEP 7: Turn off machine
                      STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
                      STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory default
                      Attached Files
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                      >>>>>

Comment

My brother, I have another laptop, the same problem, this patch does not work with it

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                          [ HOW TO USE THE PATCH ]
                          STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
                          STEP 2: Boot the machine
                          STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
                          STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                          STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                          STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                          STEP 7: Turn off machine
                          STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
                          STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory default
                          My brother, I have another laptop, the same problem, this patch does not work with it

Comment

But it worked for laptop it was patched for? Of course it will not work for ANOTHER laptop, original bios has to be patched.
                            >>>>>

Comment

But it worked for laptop it was patched for? Of course it will not work for ANOTHER laptop, original bios has to be patched.
                              Yes, it works with the laptop it's patched for...thank you
                              I have two others with the same problem
                              Other laptop same model L560
                              help me please

Comment

help me please
                                post bios dumps.
                                >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by lamdy View Post

NOW my L560 is dead.
                                  now you have proof autopatcher is working if you read bios offboard. Problem IS NOT with autopatcher, is the way you made your bios dump.

help me please
                                  >>>>>

Comment

Another laptop BIOS password
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Another laptop BIOS password
                                      here, same steps as previous.
                                      Attached Files
                                      >>>>>

Comment

here, same steps as previous.
                                        Another
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Another
                                          here. please consider donating few bucks in order to keep this forum alive, thank you!
                                          Attached Files
                                          >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                          X