Power windows automatic Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power windows automatic Switch

Anybody know the technical name of switches these are that are circled in red? The top one is the power lock and the second one down is the automatic power window switch out of my car. The lock still works but the window one doesn't. Just wondering if its possible to just to replace the switch as they want a fortune to replace the whole part. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Power windows automatic Switch

I would look at the contacts first, they may be a simple 6 pin double pole double throw switch.
    You may need to dissasemble one to see how they are configured.
    Sorry im not helping much, i would take one apart so i knew what connects to what.

Comment

Are you sure its the switch thats bad? It should be easy to check it with a meter. they could be double pole double throw, on-off-on momentary center off
      Probably easier to find one at an auto wrecker, or there could be after market ones on line. they do list similar items
      Last edited by R_J; 02-12-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Look for a logo on the switches, to tell who makes them.
        In all likelihood, they are Kyungin, a Korean make and hard to find.
        You can get the whole door/window switch assembly off eBay or Ali.

Usually the door wires break, in cold weather, at the hinge point.

Comment

switch cleaner usually fixes those .

Comment

Depends on what car is this usually they are integrated with the board that is underneath. The board might be a part of the internal network (CAN) which contains other features in your car.
            I would try to fix this or as other suggest check wires.
            Last edited by gabik111; 02-12-2018, 08:11 PM.
            Laptops and computers repair.

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions. I was able to try a new switch and it still didn't work. So now I'm down to a wire, the motor or maybe a relay. The fuses are fine

Comment

The motor in my opinion is the issue, here. The motors have a tiny switch that goes bad for some reason. The switch opens and breaks the power when the window reach full up or full down when in-travel.

Comment

It calls limit switch. It might need some service (I did it in my Sienna when there was an issue with automatic door) - just need some cleaning and greasing. It require to deassembly the motor housing if it is possible (some motors are assembled permanently).

Some motors have an electronic limit switch which brakes the power when motor current is higher than some programmed value (when the motor gets mechanical resistance it needs more power=current to operate then electronics sees that and shutting off motor power).
                  Laptops and computers repair.

Comment

Working...
                  X