Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mitsubishi LT-55154 Blinking Green Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitsubishi LT-55154 Blinking Green Light?

I have a Mitsubishi LT-55154 LCD TV that I recently acquired that will not properly boot and gives a constant blinking green status light. I have made many attempts to fix this problem to no real progress. I have replaced the power and filter boards. attempted to reset the TV by holding the power button for 8 seconds (this will cause a short amber flash then back to blinking green as if it is trying to restart). I have replaced 4 capacitors on the main board none of which appeared bad but it was worth a shot. I have made several attempts to reload new firmware through USB drive onto the TV with various combinations of power cycles and plugging/unplugging the drive also for extended periods of time >30 minutes. I tried to unplug various cables from the main board and power board to see if the error changed. The only result from this was when the cable at the top of the main board that was labeled PA1 was disconnected the status light gave me and error 48 indicated by 4 red flashes then 8 amber flashes, but otherwise no change there. I do have a digital multi-meter and understand a fair share on electronics just need some assistance as to what I should be looking into for troubleshooting this problem. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated I hope with everyone's help I can get this TV functional once again. Thanks.

Re: Mitsubishi LT-55154 Blinking Green Light?

Bump. Help please

Comment

Bump

Comment

My lt-52246 has a reset button next to the power button on the tv. if not you need to check voltage outputs of the power board(brown one) the each voltage regulator on the main board.

Comment

I have tested the power board and have found all the voltages that should be there I think. 24V, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V. I will look into the voltage regulators on the main board next. Thanks. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated I'm picking at straws here.

Comment

Here are a pile of close up pictures of the main board. Can anyone see anything obvious or point me at anything to check?
            Attached Files

Comment

Bump

Comment

can you upload a picture of the writing by the connectors on the power supply so we can see what each pin does.

Comment

Per request here are pictures of the labels on the back of the power board for connectors PA, PB, and PC. Let me know Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just tested the voltages on each pin with a multi-meter, here are the results
                    PA
                    (Pin 1-Pin 9)
                    0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3.2, 0, 3.2, 3.2

PB
                    (Pin 1 - Pin 16)
                    24.4, 24.4, 0, 0, 5.0, 0, 11.8, 11.8, 0, 0, 11.8, 11.8, 11.8, 0, 0, 0

PC
                    (Pin 1 - Pin 12)
                    24.4, 24.4, 24.4, 24.4, 24.4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Comment

Are you getting a clicking noise? I have an LT-40164 that has a very similar main board and having the same problem. I am getting a noise from the filter board, almost sounds like an old school cooking timer. When plugged in flashes green for a while then no flashing. I can hit power button at that time and I do get a picture with xbox hooked up, but obviously something is wrong due to the buzzing noise. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

The only audible clicking sound that comes from my TV is a believe a main power relay when the TV is initially plugged in, and that is just one click. Also my blinking green light does not go away and I cannot get anything to display as the blinking green light means the TV has failed to boot. Jsikora, just be glad you TV is still working for now. I may progress to the issue I'm currently having but no way to know for sure. I am wondering if the 11.8V is out of the range for the 12V supply? Not sure if that's within the tolerance range of the boards it powers.

Comment

Not sure but I would think 11.8 would be sufficient but I could be wrong. The noise I am hearing is coming from the filter board, but I'm sure that could be caused by a power issue either on the main or PS. Also notice the repair services offered on ebay on the main. Just wish I knew exactly what they are replacing so I could order replacement parts and give that a shot. Wondering if it's an eeprom issue.Can't seem to find a repair kit but will keep searching.

Comment

Just ordered a TL866CS EEPROM/chipset programmer so I can play around with some of the EEPROM on the main board anyone have a clue which one i should start with?

Comment

Update: I have found the service manual for this TV and the following models. It includes detailed circuit diagrams and all sorts of part numbers and block diagrams. Very good resource.

VLP43 Chassis
                              LT-55154

VLP43+ Chassis
                              LT-40164
                              LT-46164
                              LT-55164

VLP43++ Chassis
                              LT-46265
                              LT-55265
                              Attached Files

Comment

Bump

Comment

Daily BUMP

Comment

Bump any help greatly appreciated

Comment

Happy New Year Bump

Comment

hi,i also have a Mitsubishi LT55164 with a fast blinking light.i traded a local tv repair guy a couple dlp-dmd chipsets for a pwb main, because before blinking light issue,my hdmi inputs were in-op.So i replaced pwb main and got a yellow 4 blink or 44?well it didn't work, tv didn't turn on,yes i plugged all in good.
                                        because by part # has a sub part #of 01,02or03 mine was 02 to an 03. marked off with a marker(yours is 01) shop jimmy said this was the reason why the boards weren't compatiable,so i shoved board back in the box.Until now,
                                        So i pulled out pwb main board.and wala tv booted up and hdmi works also.thanx for mitsu service manual was helpful.i will send u my old pwb main if u want.

Comment

Working...
                                        X