sharp LC70EQ10U 2 slow, 2 fast blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharp LC70EQ10U 2 slow, 2 fast blinks

Glad to hear it, that's a nice size screen, to me a 70 inch tv is just like being at the theater BUT better you can control the volume, at the theater the sound just about makes my ears bleed, too loud.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Glad to hear it, that's a nice size screen, to me a 70 inch tv is just like being at the theater BUT better you can control the volume, at the theater the sound just about makes my ears bleed, too loud.
      LOL 70 from years 2013 less or more he should direct with out thinking twise to bring the LED backlight at least to 35%

Comment

I like the old stuff, it breaks a lot less, have a sharp tv got it new in 2007, runs at least 12 hours a day, last new one I bought by the way, never had a bit of trouble with it.

Comment

I like older stuff as well. More, I hate to see perfectly good things end up in the dump. Even more than that, for the amazons of world - the idea that we repair things has all bit been a shattered idea.

I am super happy that for just a little $$$ and a little tinkering I was able to salvage and ENJOY something that was going to be taking up space in a landfill and adding to polluting our lil world...

Comment

Hell ya, if we don't fix it then china just gets richer faster, not that all things are made in china but a LOT are.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-25-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Shoot!

So, got a stand, been turning the thing on for days since "fixing" it and today, went to turn it on in anticipation of putting it on the stand and setting it up and BAM. Something that's happening that wasn't, when I turn the TV on SHARP comes up on the screen in bright red,,, that disappears and the TV seems to go to the next step - I see a input kind of menu item - telling me the INPUT and a channel I think. Then I hear the faintest click or a soft tap and the screen shuts off. It's strange. Then,,, slow single blink, then a fast single blink Wich, from the chart about be, indicates lights...

I was getting that blink pattern before and when I did a hard rest it came together. Blinking stopped and tv worked

Now, when I try to get to that K mode to get to those settings again, K comes up briefly to give me the menu with a static-y screen,,, then shuts itself off.

I'm all kinds of confused.

Comment

If you had a lamp error because they are faulty and just cleared the error the faulty lamp is still there.

Comment

Understood... Thing is, my initial error was a powerboard error... Is it possible that the reset kinda solved that briefly and now it's resurfaced? The TV has been working for days.

It's strange. In these short few days since "fixed" I don't remember it coming on/up with the sharp logo immediately. Then, also, it says the TV is in analog mode.

Earlier today, turning it on for the first time of the day, the Roku screen came up immediately and all seemed fine.

What do I need to do next?

Comment

Yeah... This thing is nutty. I put on my cave head light,,, force started it using channel up volume down buttons and the screen was black. Could see images with light and was able to get into the MENU. I had to RE-program the remote (don't know why) and then did a hard reset. TV came on immediately. All areas of the screen look normal as in no areas are darker than others but I guess that doesn't tell the whole story... Lol,,, what have I got myself inta!?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Might be a dirty connection, maybe clean all connections and ribbon contacts gently with isopropyl alcohol and a qtip, some use a pencil eraser, maybe plug and unplug connectors a couple times.

Comment

I suspect there's a problem with the mainboard, all the voltages are as expected on powerboard right?

Comment

Could try a firmware update if available, if you haven't already.

Comment

So, left the thing in all/over night. Things seem fine.
                            Turned it off then back on, all good.

If it's what you mean I "updated" the TV using the menu options that described an UPDATE immediately after the first hard reset. It took the update and it took a while. Is that a firmware update or is there something more?

I have no problem removing the back again and removing and replacing plugs. I pulled and reset all the pin connector style plugs at all clear and visible small wire looms,,, but NONE of the ribbon style connectors, but can and will if the problem persists. I have a product called DeOxit, small spray can, and alcohol. Lots of qtips for this sort of thing.

For checking voltages with a DVM/DMM I will need your help with that, lots of it, BUT, I think I am capable.

Seems like if the lights are shot I'm out of luck. I've read that there are NO replacements...is that true?

Comment

Yes that's it, so you are updated, that's good, not sure if those lights are still available, do the simple reset, with tv unplugged hold power button on tv in for 30 seconds to a minute let go, plug tv in and try it, but maybe only if it acts up again.
                              Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-29-2022, 06:13 AM.

Comment

It's led backlit, so even if they don't sell the whole strips, you can always change out the individual bad leds, not real easy but not real hard either, there's a crapload of how to change m out videos on youtube.

Comment

Got you... I'll keep my eye on it and see what happens next.

Brother, thank you for your help and reassurance. Really!
                                  All of y'all.

One more thing for now. I hear that getting into the area of these TV's is very fragile work. Where getting to the area of the TV where the lights live, one can basically destroy the screen, or something. Is it really THAT fragile a procedure - or is that kinda overstated? Just wondering.

Comment

Yes indeed, even the pros break them, the bigger the screen the easier they are to break, check youtube on procedure, with a 70 you should probably have help and maybe 4 of the suction cups that are used for this kind of repair.

Comment

Ok, so this tv is edge lit, so it might be harder to replace individual leds on the backlights, not sure haven't had one of these on the bench.

Comment

Ok. Again, thanks.

Just watched this video https://youtu.be/YgaL6X6eSaU . I will find more to take a gander at. (the BC site isn't allowing me to create links...?)

I'm sure the procedure isn't exactly like the vid as it's a different TV but ok.... Also,,, who the heck knows if there are even replacement lights...? Anywho.

Not bragging, but the procedure doesn't look to scary or beyond my ability. I would get the supplies you suggest should it come to that and I still feel like I would be way ahead of the game if I spent 1 or 2 hundred bucks.

Still,,, the back lighting seems fine when the TV is on,,, so maybe the fault lies somewhere else. We'll see. For now I'll just wait and see what happens next - mentally reassured that if it starts playing up again I'll have a few more tricks up my sleeve...

Many thanks, have a great day.
                                        All kinds of snow here today 😖

Comment

Originally posted by JayPoorJay View Post
                                          reduce the BL level at setting so you will have double life time of their rest time

Comment

Working...
                                          X