LG 55EG960V won’t turn on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55EG960V won’t turn on.

Got above OLED set, won't turn on in standard power mode, get this when trying to use power only mode from service remote. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: LG 55EG960V won't turn on.

Originally posted by chopper00 View Post
    Got above OLED set, won't turn on in standard power mode, get this when trying to use power only mode from service remote. Any ideas?
    this cant be and it show this with power only..
    exit the power only mode and power it normal. look at the Optical sound port lit red or not,

Comment

This only happens for about 2 seconds then a click and switches off. Optical port lights for the same time. LG logo just flashes with standard remote.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper00 View Post
        This only happens for about 2 seconds then a click and switches off. Optical port lights for the same time. LG logo just flashes with standard remote.
        so after this 2 seconds it goes to standby correct ? if yes press with original remote the power again and tell what you have

Comment

It will do the same for a couple of times and then go back to flashing logo. If I use power only it will start every time but only for 2 seconds approx.

Comment

don't use power only.. just power it with original RC. unplug the cable of 24v between the power boards and the t_CON driver boards then turn on.. always use the remark of powering on the optical ports.

Comment

Thanks, will check tomorrow as I’m not with the set now.

Comment

24v cable removed from t-con board, power on with standard remote, nothing, lg logo flashes, power on with service remote “power only” power board relay clicks, nothing on display, optical port lights for one second then clicks off. Standard remote then does the same for two try’s. Standard remote does nothing until “power only” command is sent from service remote.

Comment

***UPDATE*** I have replaced the mainboard and the tv is now powered on and working although I have a single line down the screen. Does this mean the screen is faulty?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Maybe clean and reseat all the ribbon cable contacts of the tcon, carefully, can use isopropyl alcohol and a qtip, some use a pencil eraser, just reseating may do it, sometimes a slight misalignment can cause problems.

Comment

have a search through the forum there is another thread with this centre vertical line issue

Comment

i just wondering from where you bring the photos LOL
                        common... we still in Jan not April

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          Maybe clean and reseat all the ribbon cable contacts of the tcon, carefully, can use isopropyl alcohol and a qtip, some use a pencil eraser, just reseating may do it, sometimes a slight misalignment can cause problems.
                          Thanks, I will give that a try 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                            have a search through the forum there is another thread with this centre vertical line issue
                            Thanks I'll have a search 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                              i just wondering from where you bring the photos LOL
                              common... we still in Jan not April
                              The pictures were taken at the time of the post 😂

Comment

Working...
                              X