Sharp LC-55P6000U firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-55P6000U firmware

My Sharp TV was turn on, but it was stuck in the Sharp logo forever and I cannot turn it off anymore. I think the TV has problem with firmware. I tried to find the firmware online, but I could not find it from Sharp TV website. My TV model is Sharp LC-55P6000U.
    Does anyone have this or know another source for it? Thank you very much!

Re: Sharp LC-55P6000U firmware

While you are correct that often with sharp sets we see software issues, and that symptom can be caused by software, we have also seen many different times main boards have a BGA issue causing the stuck on logo screen.
    I would suggest trying to heat up the main processor BGA chip with hot air to see if that helps you load past the logo issue you are seeing.

Comment

Thanks Nick! I did try that but the TV is still not working! I think I have to buy a different main board!

Comment

I think it needs a firmware update, maybe send them an email, tell them it's only 2 years old and you don't know why they would not have the firmware available for download like every other brand does (a lot of them take the firmware off their site very early or never put it on tho), tell them if you can't get a simple firmware update then why would you buy Sharp products in the future, they may hook you up with the firmware, worth a shot. Remember the person you talk to is not the idiot who decided not to have the firmware available.

Comment

I did email them three times using different emails. Then, I called them. They said they do not have any firmwares for this TV, and tell me to pay money for the technician come to fix!

Comment

Not good, I like sharp but if they can't supply simple firmware, I won't be buying anything from them anymore, have one from 2007 bought new, never a problem, just a shame they act that way.

Comment

Do you still have the problem I can probably help u out.

Comment

Working...
              X