View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #27
nkhilji

City & State: alexandria, va
My Country: usa
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Thumbs up Re: Sony Bravia KDL-52S4100 No picture or Sound

This story is just amazing. So I picked this kdl52s4100 last Sunday for $21 at an estate sale. The sign on it said that it did not work. The green light would come on and that was it, no picture, no sound. I thought 'what the hell, I will check it out and search the internet for some ideas, if it does not work, I will junk it and only be out $21 but at least I had my fun'. So Monday (yesterday) I do a google search and land on this forum and read the advice for updating firmware. I honestly did not believe until the other guy who tried it reported that it worked. So today I thought let me try and I have many extra flash drives. So I followed the links and downloaded the software and followed the instructions of putting the usb in the tv and waiting around till the timer light blinked ember and the power light blinked green. Shut the tv off and then on. Voila! the picture came on!

I was so amazed that I registered on this forum just to thank you gentlemen, the one who gave the advice, and the one who took it. I am an economist and I make assumptions all the time about peoples behavior, about markets, about governments, etc. Cheers and I wish I could buy you huys a drink.
nkhilji is offline   Reply With Quote