• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The GOOD Capacitors Thread!!

Panasonic Knoxville soon to close

going to capxon--

Comment

These new Panasonic series seem to be interesting...

Here, FJ and FJS mixed at the output, with FL on the Input.

Looks like FJ = FJS ?

Asus MB, survived a Tagan PSU (bad caps, as usual) and still okay. It was much dirtier before using 10bar compressed air
      As ususal for Asus, they went cheap and saved quite a lot of parts...
      Surprisingly, all smaller caps are FJ 820/6.3 (no OST!) but since its an asus, they somehow HAD to include some crap: a few small GSC (yeah! good old GSC, worst sh...t ever) as coupling caps for the sound chip (where they cant do damage)...

Comment

Originally posted by robert
        Looks like FJ = FJS ?
        No one really knows for sure.
        Panny didn't publish data sheets.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Is WIMA good?

Comment

Are Elna REJ good replacements for teapos?

PSU: thermaltake w0009 420w

blue rail: Teapo sek 470uF 16v
            purple rail: Teapo sek 470uF 16v

or should I use Nichicon PW Series 16V 680UF?

Comment

Originally posted by bambino
              Is WIMA good?
              Where did you find Wimas?

They're a German cap manufacturer the only place I've run into them is in old Grundig tube radios.

I'd be willing to say if they do manufacture lytics they would only be General Purpose.
              Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

WIMA?
                They only make plastic film and paper capacitors for many years, they did make electrolytics long time ago though.
                I saw a few WIMA electrolytics in an old Telefunken tape recorder, which is, guessing from the tube date codes, built in 1962. Still okay, apart from the faulty drivebelt (impossible to obtain).

WIMA film and paper caps are the best quality on the market, german made and very robust.
                Their metallized paper X and Y RFI caps are best choice, never saw any one faulty. Most other brands of RFI caps fail every now and then in industrial environments from overvoltage spikes (theres also the infamous RIFA PME series, which had a few years of bad ones, that often failed with some years of delay, sometimes catching fire. However, RIFA PME is fine since at least 10 years, same bad batch thing as Nichicon HM)

Comment

If the WIMA lytics are that old they may have dry-out issues but otherwise it sounds like they are good caps.

timarlop
                  I don't have data sheets available right now but I'd guess REJ is fine to replace SEK.

-
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
                    I don't have data sheets available right now but I'd guess REJ is fine to replace SEK.
                    The Elna "price inflation" led me to choose the Nichicon PWs.

Found the REJ datasheet anyway, but can't see it with my pdf viewer.

Comment

Probable addition:
                      Panasonic Series FR
                      105°, Low ESR (comparable to FM series)
                      Long life (6.000-10.000h), longer then FM
                      Farnell lists them as new product and not yet in stock, but prices are surprisingly (for farnell!) good, somewhat below FM series.
                      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...db6dae11a1.pdf (Datasheet)

Panasonic Series FK
                      105°, Low ESR (between FC and FM Series)
                      2.000-6.000hrs Life
                      Very small sizes (4700u 16V in 12.5mm, for Power Supplies like Enermax where a 16mm part will not fit) avialible in stock from farnell!
                      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...e032b1b688.pdf (Datasheet)

Comment

Hi I need to replace some caps on my Abit NF7-s rev 2.0 I got 2 rubycon near the cpu which have it's top almost bumping.. they did not explode. (seems strange to me cause rubycons are good quality right?) .
                        However here in my country I can only get these caps

- Jackcon LOW ESR
                        - Panasonic FC ( problem is are these pannys LOW ESR? , can I fit them where the rubycons were?

these are the pannys I can get , are both of them LOW ESR? are they going to work fine ..?

http://int.rsdelivers.com/product/pa...v/4490873.aspx

http://int.rsdelivers.com/product/pa...f/5261008.aspx

thanks so much for all your help !

Comment

I forgot to add , I can also get this nichicon PS series ( I know PM, PW, HE, HD, HV, HM, HN,HZ are good caps but no clue on PS series )

http://int.rsdelivers.com/product/ni...f/5193898.aspx

thanks once more

Comment

easy question:

the panasonic fc is one of the best you can get... very low esr, very good quality... get that!

the nichicon might be ok... idk if it is low esr or general purpose.

jackcon sucks. really bad. one of the worst.
                            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                              easy question:

the panasonic fc is one of the best you can get... very low esr, very good quality... get that!

the nichicon might be ok... idk if it is low esr or general purpose.

jackcon sucks. really bad. one of the worst.
                              FC is NOT "very" low ESR.
                              They have about the highest ESR in the low ESR range.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=15

-

- Dr Seuss
                              -
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                                FC is NOT "very" low ESR.
                                They have about the highest ESR in the low ESR range.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=15

whoops. i see my mistake... wrong panny series
                                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Hi PCBONEZ , So should I get the panny FM series instead or the nichicon PS series these are the specs for both. Nichicon says in the specs it's LOW ESR but I read about it being low impedance same goes with panny, so I'm confused. Can you help me out on that.
                                  I need to replace the rubycons 3300uf x 6.3 but I can get these only.

http://int.rsdelivers.com/product/ni...f/5193898.aspx

http://int.rsdelivers.com/product/pa...f/5261008.aspx

Comment

ESR is a component of Impedance and at the 100kHz they rate caps at the other components contribute so little to total Impedance that basically ESR = Impedance.
                                    Give this a read:
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10764

Series : Ripple / ESR
                                    PS : 1280 / .075
                                    FM : 2600 / .018
                                    MBZ : 2800 / .012

PS aren't rated anywhere near where you need to be.
                                    FM ~might~ last a while but they are under rated too.
                                    I would hold out for Rubycon MBZ, MCZ or Panasonic FJ, FL or Sanyo WG.
                                    There is also this member ...
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/member.php?u=682
                                    ... He sells Samxon out of Hong Kong.
                                    [I'm assuming you aren't in the US because you are looking at RS's stock.]

-

- Dr Seuss
                                    -
                                    -

Comment

Hi Bonez thanks for answering, so to be short ESR has to do with frequency and impedance but mostly impedance?. Well to be honest in the meantime I did buy some jackcon caps (a local electronics shop had these ones by miracle) which are low ESR I know they're marked as crap, but let's hope they work. I read the story about a user replacing lot;s of jackcon blown caps and jackcon sent him like 600 caps.. anyways I hope they did improve their quality. They have these markings in three different lines

02 02 02
                                      09B 09B 09B
                                      LOW LOW LOW
                                      ESR ESR ESR

I think someone said to check those numbers and have to do with the manufacturin date.. hope these ones are fine..
                                      So bonez yep I'm outside the US , they local retailer here buys from RS so thats my only choice which one will you go with between the nichicon and panny from those links I got no choice than getting those ones.
                                      Thanks!

Comment

I've never been very good at short...
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=23
                                        ESR is part of Impedance.
                                        As Frequency changes ESR, XL [ESL] and XC all change too [in different directions] and all of them are part of total Impedance.

Terms like "low esr", "ultra low esr", "very low esr" are pretty much meaningless in so far as figuring out what is lower than what because there is no official standard definition of those terms.
                                        Manufacturers call call them whatever they want.
                                        Company 'A's "low esr" might be the same as company 'B's "ultra low esr".
                                        To know what you are looking at you have to look in the data sheets.

As far as I know Jackcon are still junk.
                                        I don't know their date code method because I just get rid of them anyway.

FM are better than PS.
                                        If you are replacing MBZ/MCZ and they NEED to be that then FM are under rated for the application.

Hong Kong sends mail to everywhere on the planet.

Last edited by PCBONEZ; 08-23-2010, 01:33 PM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                        -
                                        -

Comment

I seem to be developing faith in Taicon electrolytics, since most of the series were the same (and some comparable) to the Nichicon units.
                                          On a 9-year old board, none of the Taicon units were bulging...
                                          My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X