X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

Originally posted by stj View Post
    ignore that firmware - it's done it's job.
    now i know how your display is wired, i can make a "real" firmware later.
    Thank you stj for your patience much appreciated.
    John

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how to compile my own custom build. I have a windows 7 computer with WinAVR installed. I have the following files-

TransistorTester.eep
      TransistorTester.hex
      make_frequency.c
      Makefile (16MHz)
      Transistortester.h

I understand all the options in the makefile, I just have no clue as to where to go after I make the changes I want.

I'm using the build that stj made for me with the lipo battery warning settings but it only uses half of the screen for some reason. I really want to learn this stuff. I have a second AY-AT kit and the display seems a little different, I want o make a build for that too.

Comment

You must download the source code.
        It's at this URL: https://www.mikrocontroller.net/svnb...ster/Software/
        Here would be the example command on a Linux machine with SVN installed:
        Code:
        svn checkout svn://mikrocontroller.net/transistortester/Software/trunk
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

the build box is now running - as a room heater!!!
          so if anybody wants any custom builds - just ask.
          tell me the hardware and anything "custom" needed, and i'll compile it.
          STJ could you compile a version for the AY AT color kit with a 20 MHZ clock and a precision reference upgraded? Many thanks in advance! When I tried to compile 1.30m earlier it bricked my tester.

Comment

not sure,
            i usually build "K" firmware - that only runs at 8 & 16MHz.
            i'v not built Marcus's firmware for a long time and cant test it.
            i can try to build it if you want - but no warranty as to if it will run!

Comment

Originally posted by turbochris View Post
              I'm still trying to figure out how to compile my own custom build. I have a windows 7 computer with WinAVR installed. I have the following files-

TransistorTester.eep
              TransistorTester.hex
              make_frequency.c
              Makefile (16MHz)
              Transistortester.h

I understand all the options in the makefile, I just have no clue as to where to go after I make the changes I want.

I'm using the build that stj made for me with the lipo battery warning settings but it only uses half of the screen for some reason. I really want to learn this stuff. I have a second AY-AT kit and the display seems a little different, I want o make a build for that too.
              wait a while - the option you need is NOT in any makefile.
              i was discussing this with karl the other day - there are options in the code that got left out of the makefile-mess.
              btw, i'm now using a 6x8 font - it looks better than it sounds!

Comment

not sure,
                i usually build "K" firmware - that only runs at 8 & 16MHz.
                i'v not built Marcus's firmware for a long time and cant test it.
                i can try to build it if you want - but no warranty as to if it will run!
                AH I wondered why your output file was named transistortester.hex!!
                ....and why the makefile looked similar but not the same. Let me do some more reading and see if I can dig up a 16 mhz crystal then I should be able to use your previously uploaded hex file.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Comment

Originally posted by TEDDIBEAR View Post
                  Thank you stj for your patience much appreciated.
                  John
                  Have been trying to find suitable firmware for the upgrade to 16mhz for my
                  LCR-T4-H, and down loaded this from a RUSSIAN site, any help would be appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

vext?? never seen that before.
                    i wonder if it was modified in some way for a lithium power source.

Comment

vext?? never seen that before.
                      i wonder if it was modified in some way for a lithium power source.
                      This is the firmware that has given me the vext screen.
                      LCR_T4StripGrid_Ver736Ru_8x16t_Vext_Encoder_16MHz.zip\

If I could get the english version I think it may work on my LCR-T4-H.
                      John

Comment

hm - mentions vext.
                        maybe it's modded to read voltage from a probe to test zener diodes.

Comment

This is the firmware that has given me the vext screen.
                          LCR_T4StripGrid_Ver736Ru_8x16t_Vext_Encoder_16MHz.zip\

If I could get the english version I think it may work on my LCR-T4-H.
                          John
                          Is there a way of changing the language easily as I would like to give this firmware a go unfortunately it has Russian text.
                          John

Comment

not unless it comes with the makefile / source

Comment

Have just received encoder and fitted to my LCR_T4_H along with two 10k & two 1k resistors, also changed 8mhz crystal to 16mhz but seem to be unable to find any firmware that will work the \LCR-T3,4_v1.12k_r660_ENC13.zip\LCR-T3,4_v1.12k_r660_ENC13\ works of sorts showing capacity at double the value
                              and locks up as soon as you move the encoder to blank screen you then have to disconnect the battery to reset it. any help will be appreciated.
                              John
                              Attached Files

Comment

i'll see what i can do later

Comment

Have just received encoder and fitted to my LCR_T4_H along with two 10k & two 1k resistors, also changed 8mhz crystal to 16mhz but seem to be unable to find any firmware that will work the \LCR-T3,4_v1.12k_r660_ENC13.zip\LCR-T3,4_v1.12k_r660_ENC13\ works of sorts showing capacity at double the value
                                  and locks up as soon as you move the encoder to blank screen you then have to disconnect the battery to reset it. any help will be appreciated.
                                  John
                                  Did you try this one?
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=896
                                  When I reach to PC I can upload version for 16MHz since there is for 8MHz and display double value for capacitors.

Comment

Thank you all for your input.
                                    I have now found firmware for my LCR_T_4_H as stj has suggested it uses T4 stripgrid, every thing seems correct as far as component diagnostics with the 16mhz crystal and encoder fitted.
                                    The problem I have is I can select items from the menu with the encoder but can not open them, with any amount of pressing the button, any ideas.?
                                    Thanks Gabiz I have tried that one with no luck. Sorry thumb nails are bright and poor focus unable to reduce contrast.
                                    John
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by TEDDIBEAR; 12-16-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

so long-press does not select?

what i'm looking into is a new makefile that auto-calculates some settings.
                                      for example the number of menu lines can be derived from the display "y" size divided by the vertical size of the selected font.

so no need to change it manually for different hardware or font settings.

Comment

so long-press does not select?

what i'm looking into is a new makefile that auto-calculates some settings.
                                        for example the number of menu lines can be derived from the display "y" size divided by the vertical size of the selected font.

so no need to change it manually for different hardware or font settings.
                                        Have tried many combinations holding button down from a quick click to 30 seconds, I was wondering if there is an enable contact on the chip that could be switched.
                                        John

Comment

well i'm confused.

there is only one button input, and i assume it works because you can power the unit on.
                                          maybe that assumption is a mistake - let me check the schems.

Comment

Working...
                                          X