Acer 4530 - powers on then shuts off 2 seconds later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer 4530 - powers on then shuts off 2 seconds later

Acer aspire 4530 - powers on then shuts off 2 seconds later.

This seems to be a fairly common problem among many manufacturer's laptops described on the web.

Anyone know the cause / fix?

Re: Acer 4530 - powers on then shuts off 2 seconds later

Of what nature is the problem? Could you please elaborate?
    http://nishantpinto.blogspot.in/

Comment

Does it get to POST first? If it doesn't get to POST it sounds like it may be a power supply issue.

Comment

Nope - no post. no bios writing. tried three different external adapters - all good. no difference.
        Nature of the problem: Press power button.. blue LEDS do their 'go around thing' for about 1.5 seconds ... fan makes brief blowing noise .. no bios writing on screen ... unit shuts off. charging of battery & charging LED seem to function correctly. changed CPU. changed memory. disconnected all device loads - that is: hard drive, CD rom, modem, wifi, etc. DC jack seems good. same problem regardless of whether screen is connected. reapplied silver thermal paste on cpu. graphics chip heat transfer pad seems fine. same behavior regardless of battery connected or not. no obvious shorts in USB connectors or otherwise. 5V & 3.3V stand-by appear to be there. ...

Comment

the consensus out there seems to be Nvidia video chip requiring reflow or reball.

everybody agree?

Comment

Originally posted by 12ax7a View Post
            the consensus out there seems to be Nvidia video chip requiring reflow or reball.

everybody agree?
            mine was acer travelmate 5320, similar symptoms, lots of lappys out there with similar symptoms, and no fixes or help
            your lappy like mine is NOT known to require reflow, like some lappys DO
            mine turned out to be CPU
            I was about to replace the bios chip before cpu
            reflow seems drastic at this stage (they dont seem to last anyway)

Comment

My problem just same

my laptop acer 4740 die after a few minit in win

this pronlem like chipset over heat or fan run badly

i still can't solve this problem

all voltage in motherboard is good.

Comment

hi
                for acer 4530 prob is around the nvidia chip
                reflow or reball is recommended
                its actually coprocessor not only vga
                u can just heat the chip for some time and check
                regards

Comment

tried it once but i'll try it again. thanx.

Comment

everybody agree?
                    YES!! i had one of these laptop's. stripped in down re heated the nvidia with hot air gun and also shimmed it with a dime, yes a dime, temporary fix. still working to this day no problems. did it 2 months ago. There..... put in my "10 cents" worth! Har Har...

Comment

first check with the another cpu... if problem is steel there then you will need to replace nvidia mcp77 bga chip

Regards
                      swanand

Acer aspire 4530 - powers on then shuts off 2 seconds later.

This seems to be a fairly common problem among many manufacturer's laptops described on the web.

Anyone know the cause / fix?

Comment

Nope - no post. no bios writing. tried three different external adapters - all good. no difference.
                        Nature of the problem: Press power button.. blue LEDS do their 'go around thing' for about 1.5 seconds ... fan makes brief blowing noise .. no bios writing on screen ... unit shuts off. charging of battery & charging LED seem to function correctly. changed CPU. changed memory. disconnected all device loads - that is: hard drive, CD rom, modem, wifi, etc. DC jack seems good. same problem regardless of whether screen is connected. reapplied silver thermal paste on cpu. graphics chip heat transfer pad seems fine. same behavior regardless of battery connected or not. no obvious shorts in USB connectors or otherwise. 5V & 3.3V stand-by appear to be there. .......

Comment

Working...
                        X