This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone! My name is Erik, and I'm at university studying Bioinformatics. I'm a huge fan of watching movies and playing games, but I'm also pretty broke, so I picked up an ancient plasma on the cheap that almost works perfectly, and I ended up on these forums trying to find out if I could make it work completely perfectly. I'm reasonably technically competent and a fairly quick study, so even though I don't have the hardware background a lot of guys on this forum seem to have, I'm confident that with a little guidance I'll be able to fix this TV without electrocuting myself.

Comment

Hi all. Great site!! So many helpful members.

Comment

Hi everyone. very good site!! lots of great members.

Comment

I'm glad this site exists, I've been reading here several times previously but this time I need to post a question and thus I had to register. With some moderator experience from other forums I fully understand the need to take anti-spam precautions.

Comment

Hi all! I'm new member. This forum is very helpful.

Comment

Hi!
              I started my adventure from valves, now (more or less successful) in Apple logic boards repair...

Comment

Hi, the names Anthony and I joined since it seemed like a great forum and I do a lot of tech work for fun. I am glad to be a part of this community.

Comment

Hi everybody! Excited to part of this community. I've already seen post that are super useful. Cheers!

Comment

I am a retired industrial electrical/electronics tech. Have a bad habit of trying to fix anything that does not work. I am currently working on an LG 60 pz550 tv. Thanks to this site I have repaired it once already, now working on a new problem with it.

Comment

Hey guys, this looks like a great community. I've ended up reading the forums several times in the last few days, so it seems like I should join! Thanks.

Comment

Name's Carl Zuzart. Live in Canada and love to tinker and fix things. My first ever project was an IBM think pad T25 that was dropped in the ocean. got it running and since then I haven't been able to stop. I read a lot and google a lot to try and find solutions and save a buck . # kids and a beautiful wife who says I collect a lot of crap and threathens me everyday to get a junk removal company to clean the basement...lol

Comment

Hi, this is cool birds

Comment

Hi All, long time lurker finally joining. I'm Teddy, eng. student and home tinkerer. I worked in AV for 5+ years and just do it for fun now. Thanks for having me!

Comment

One messed up PSU of broken LCD TV landed me in this forum. and this seems a nice place!

BTW, I'm a medic, and a tinkerer with great interest in (mostly) breaking and (rarely) fixing things made of electronics.
                              Last edited by badbid; 03-17-2016, 03:38 AM.

Comment

hello its a good web site i am sur

Comment

i have a big problem #f1a7116377-1d3b i want 1d3b generator plzzzzzzz

Comment

Hello,

My name is Tom...nothing geeky or fancy. I've been in electronics for over 20 years, but nothing in video. I retired from GE Aviation last April, where I was responsible for pre-production testing and repair of all PCB's and black boxes, which went into the P8-A Poseidon Aircraft. I loved the work and was also certified in Class III, J-Standard component placement and soldering. I found Badcaps while searching for repair on my Samsung 32" LCD. It has sound but no pic. The only led I see lit, when power is applied, is the power led, which blinks 4-5 times before turning off. Fuse F1 on the T-Con is good and there is voltage on most of the T-Con main connector pins, from about 2.5 vdc to 5.5 vdc. I want to order the V320B1-L01-C T-Con from you, but am I headed in the right direction, or need to check something else ? Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Super strange, i came here looking on how to fix bad 5vsb on my chieftec APC-850C but no help, oh well i guess ill keep jury rigging it.

Comment

Hi, been to your badcaps site a few times found the information very helpful when I needed to replace the caps in my old dell desktop monitor

I decided to join the forum as I have just bought a 2nd hand dell e5530 which has a bios password (the dredded 1D3B) so I am hoping there might be some information here to fix this sucker

thanks

Comment

Hi, I need to say hi here to have full access when I'm looking for info about my dead Dell monitor

Comment

Working...
                                          X