• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello

Comment

Hi there, glad to be here

I have learned to repair Radio and TV Sets in the early 80's (German Name for this Education: Radio und Fernsehtechniker) then i switched to Office Machines and now i am repairing Kitchen Mashines, like Coffe Mashines, Grills, Mikrowave Ovens and so on

Comment

Hi all,
        Hoping to learn from all on this sight, engineer for a while, I'm 57y old, golf course agricultural and horticultural machines and tractors have been my life, this is something for myself, hoping to study for a network engineer degree through Open University, just because.

Anyway enough guff from me and looking forward to some learning.

Cheers

Comment

Re: Introduction

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
          As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
          So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
          where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
          Thank you very much. I am very please to join this powerful forum which will really help me to fix most laptop mother board and any related motherboard of electronic.

I am Mason Kolonga I had been working as an IT Freelancer for a decade now. I specialize in Hardware installation and Software programing. I am glad to learn plenty things from this forum now and beyond. God bless the founder and all member around the world.

Comment

Hello to everyone from Mexico.

I am new to this forum and I started because I failed to upgrade a BIOS of an Intel MoBo because I did not read the PDFs jejeje so I need to reflash the BIOS of an Intel DH67BL so I can install a Core i7 3770K and use it to VMware ESxi server.

Somone posts the correct process to do it and I am waiting the programmer to arrive so I can try it.

Wish me luck.

Comment

Hi everybody. I'm from the Czech Republic and computers are my hobby since I was 15. But only now, after 35 years, I bought some gear and started to learn repairing them.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                I found this forum very helpful and I learned a lot from it.

Comment

Greetings!
                  I've worked for companies and myself as 'IT Guy' for most of my life. I got my first soldering iron ~20 years ago. It was all fun and games until Surface Mount technology emerged and I just threw in the towel. Well I am now once again trying to grow a laptop/phone/audio equipment repair and buy/sell business. It's time I learn how to breath life back into these mysterious copper clad creatures!
                  Much love from Boston, USA!

Comment

Hello everybody!
                    I found the forum and I really liked the content, I'm passionate about computers and their respective challenges.

I think the forum would help me with several questions where I will learn a lot!

Comment

Hi all, finally found a decent forum for electronics info.

Comment

Hello. My name is Yakov. I work in repair electronic equipment. I just found out about the forum. Decided to participate in his work.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello, hello!

I'm a young Electronics Engineer from Italy currently still studying; parallel to my academic career, I like to investigate electronics, computers and some stuff about telecommunications by myself!

Comment

Hello

I am trying to learn on how to modify bios.

Comment

hello

Comment

hello from romania

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello, a game developer and EEE student here. I have lot of knowledge in soldering and robotics.

Comment

Hi

Very close to 50 year old swede here. Got taught how to solder electronics when I was six. Been into electronics, technology and computers ever since. HAM operator (well at least licensed, but not very active), mc builder/rider and outdoor enthusiast.

Comment

Hey all,
                                          Greetings from distant Chile.

It's been decades since I registered in a Vbulletin-style forum! But then again, i hadn't found issues I couldn't figure out with youtube or reddit until know. I am quite passionate with DYI projects, and one of those is fixing computers. Last time I had issues with a Bios, I got overcharged by a sketchy repair-shop, hopefully, my friends from another forum back then, explained to me how the bill's items just made no sense at all. I wish to learn those skills, to go beyond simply flashing custom builds, and if I can't do one task, at least to know what needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
                                          X