X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi
    I'm Fredfree
    I joined the forum to learn about smd tricks and methods. My first task is to repair a logic board for my daughters A2159 Macbook Pro 821-00583-a. Our local Apple repair looked at it and said the logic board needs to be replaced for $1000.00 I am an electrician and Industrial Instrument Mechanic by trade so I believe with the right tools and support I can save some money and keep from filling the landfills

Comment

Hey, new user from Israel with a broken Laptop so needing help :-)

Comment

Hello, I am a 27 year old salvager of electronic components from e-waste. I have desoldered about 30 boards so far. I watch these YouTubers: Dave from EEVblog, Richard from Learn Electronic Repair and BigClive. BigClive caught my interest with modifying LED bulbs to last forever and be efficient so I began investigating e-waste. Richard from LER inspired me to try fixing (instead of desoldering) ATX power supplies. Not much success so far though.

PS: Sometimes I grab e-waste from the streets to "recycle" it by disassembling at home.

Comment

Saludos miembros del foro

Soy Vicente tengo 50 años, Ing en Sistema Computacionales y aficionado de siempre a la electrónica, encontre este foro y me gustaria colaborar y unirme para seguir aprendiendo

Comment

Hi I'm Brad from the UK. Thanks for letting me join your forum.

Comment

Hello. I do not follow instructions very well, hence, why it has taken so long to post a hello. Hi!

Comment

Greetings from Argentina! Here's an old computer technician looking for a little help with some chinese motherboards. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Enmanuel, I have some experience in component level repair on desktop motherboards and graphics cards, smd micro-soldering and BGA soldering. I am mostly curious reader. Much to learn yet, and a little to share, knowledge is only more valuable when shared.

Comment

Hello everyone! This is my first post!

Comment

Hi, I'm Lewis from Nottingham, UK. Been repairing things for myself and family for years (guitar amp, subwoofer, replacing batteries and screens, etc) but recently been getting into the more complicated electronic repairs and trying to understand schematics. Looking forward to delving in to the information here and to learning from those far more knowledgeable than myself.

Comment

Hello this is Rick from Pittsburgh PA

Comment

Hello everyone, I do Dell motherboard repair and I have a decent amount of knowledge on them. I came here looking for more knowledge and I've been lurking for years but now it's time to give back

Comment

Hey everybody, just started getting into electronics and hope to learn a lot to be able to help others, too!

Comment

Greetings. I'm an old timer in Cleveland Ohio who has accumulated much equipment over the decades most of which need repairs. I'm striving to teach myself enough electronics to be able to diagnose and repair things. I refer to samplers, recording decks, amplifiers, DAT, etc. As a newbi to electronics, I will be asking more than answering. I registered today in the hope of finding scematics for Akai samplers, in particular, my recently failed S01. I also hope to find schematics for my Fostex 380S.

Comment

salve a tutti

Comment

Re: New Members - hello

Hey one and all

As 1st post / intro threads go on forums, this has got to be one of the most interesting reads since wikipedia! All 1648+ pages of posts, which in themselves give anyone joining an insight to all things technical for 20+ years, so well worth a look through.

Old school PC builder here, as in 80s old school. Been looking to try and salvage / save some charity / donated junk from others trunks, to repurpose it on. Stumbled across this place eons ago, when was trying to "fix" a plasma tv, but read so much, forgot to join, think it was around 2004-5... and yes, the forum info / tips helped me solve it!

Anyway, that's then... this is now! Great to see the bbs still about 20 years on, looks like it was a good idea @topcat

Got a massive headache (over a month now!) trying to identify a burnt, bulging, crumbled motherboard bit, so hoping someone here might have some insight, as google said no!

BAJ

Comment

Hi, my name is Richard and I signed up here to view information about repairing the backlight of a Tivoli Music System+, that came across my bench at a repair cafe I help out at.

Comment

안녕하세요 저는 한국에서 온 ki tae입니다. 귀하의 포럼에 가입할 수 있게 해주셔서 감사합니다.

Comment

Greetings to all, I write from Italy, unfortunately I continue to buy possibly broken old/vintage electronics and then fix them, so I think I'm in the right place.

Comment

Hello all I am a 73 year old nosey person who likes to see what's new with electric items

Comment

Working...
                                          X