X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone!
    I'm new on this forum and want to say hello to all!
    Im trying to repair laptops and other electronics as a hobby.
    This is how my nest looks like
    PHOTO

Comment

Hey everyone!

Been working on a new project and this seems to be the place with most of the knowledge and community.

Comment

Hi there, newbie from Ireland, will be posting threads about broken AV stuff and solutions when found.

Comment

Hello to everyone, new here and wanted to say a few words. Im sure like most here, I enjoy fixing things and do it as a hobby. Went to school for computers before cd's we're invented, oops, let out my age., Lol. 9 times outta 10 I don't charge people, telling them pass it along. Just like each of you willing to pass along your knowledge. Seeing how I want to learn the more difficult, I'm grateful and eager to learn things other than the hardware and simple software tasks I do regularly. I'm excited about having people to talk to about things I enjoy but have come to a dead end fixing and if I have the ability, I will not hesitate to lend that helping hand with what I can. That's all for now, peace.

Comment

Long Time listener, wanted to be a first time poster. Here I am posting before i can post!

Comment

Hey all, arrived here via Learn Electronics Repair's YouTube channel. I'm a total beginner and looking for schematics but there's already an old thread for what I need (AORUS B450 ELITE MB) so I guess I'll bump that one and keep looking!

Will have a nose around what you knowledgeable peeps have on here anyway, I have a LOT to learn ;p

Comment

Hello,I'm Bogdan from Romania and I'm here to learn,thx for having me badcaps forum.

Comment

Hi
                  I'm Sylla Ibrahim from Africa ( Ivory Coast)
                  Married we have 4 children
                  51 years old i'm always trying to improuve my knowledge in computer science.
                  hope we will have good rrelationship in this familly
                  Best regard

Comment

Hey, I've been looking for this kind of forum for a long time. Board repairs await!!!

Comment

Hi there!

Great forum for BIOS and EC stuff

Comment

Hi! This is a wonderful forum.

My specific laptop issues (I know this isn't the specific forum to ask for help with this stuff, but figured I'd give you all a taste of what I'd like to learn):

1) I've got a T480 that won't boot; the charging light turns on and then shuts down. I also hear the CPU fan spin up and then turn off. I suspect some sort of short.

2) I also have an Asus Vivobook-15-x1502 which, in an act of sheer genius, I managed to remove the UEFI password on. It's now a brick; I can't get into the UEFI "bios" and thus can't boot the laptop.

I'm looking forward to using this incredible resource to try to fix both these issues. Hopefully I will be able to do that, and also to learn a lot more about fixing computers. I've been watching the Adamant IT channel on youtube and have started to understand at least how to start diagnosing these problems; I think this forum will take me further down that road.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Greetings fellow techs, I have read several threads and have found them very informative. Having worked with audio and video equipment for 30 plus years I've had my share of ups and downs with various repairs. Looking forward in interacting in this forum.

Comment

Hi, I bet no one reads these. I'm having problems diagnosing a TV and I'm here to get help with that

Comment

Hi! Can't wait to fix stuff!

Comment

Thank you for a very good forum.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Zach, and I am an electrical engineer from Jacksonville,FL in the US. I'm hoping to repair this acer motherboard from a laptop my grandpa bought me when I first started college back in 2013. It's been dead for about 6 years now from when I spilled water on it. I'm new to troubleshooting electronics, hoping to learn a lot.

Comment

Hello.I Running my small business and this forum helped me a lot thank you everybody.

Comment

Hi there!

I like tinkering with electronics and I look forward to fixing things.

Comment

Hello! I'm new to this forum and am so excited to have found a reputable site to search all the info here and hopefully learn a ton! My name is Peter and I've been doing all levels of repair from IT infrastructure to cell phones and even to board level repair mostly on mobile devices. I hope this post finds you in good health!

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                          For the most part, I am a reader rather than a writer.
                                          I hope you won't judge me for this strictly.

Comment

Working...
                                          X