Need unlocked Zbook 15 G5 BIOS, dump enclosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need unlocked Zbook 15 G5 BIOS, dump enclosed

Looking to remove password from attached dump, thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Need unlocked Zbook 15 G5 BIOS, dump enclosed

try this tool
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...43&postcount=1

Comment

try ... I used this tool...https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...43&postcount=1
      Attached Files
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks, I tried to flash the new image using FPWT64 but I'm getting this error:

"Error 167: Protected range registers are currently set by bios, preventing flash access"

I don't have a programmer and the machine is thousands of miles away. I'm trying to help a friend. Does anyone know of a way around this?

Comment

No, you need either programmer and soic8 clip or SMC.bin file from HP (but they don't give them anymore).

Third way is to figure out the password. Some information is in this topic: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...&highlight=840

Comment

I found a post on another site with a similar error #. They were able to boot to an EFI shell and run a command that toggled the BIOS lock bit. The address was found by using UEFITool but in the setup module but I can't find such a module in this BIOS.

Here is the post:
            *************************d.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-or-BIOS-Lock-Asus-Other-Mod-BIOS-Flash.html[/url]
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 08:29 AM. Reason: win-raid link dead

Comment

HP Zbook 15 G5 with Admin Bios PW

Hi Everyone
              I have an HP Zbook 15 G5 laptop with admin bios password.
              Everything works (I'm using it right now) but can't change any bios settings or update bios.
              From what I've read I can read (dump) the data from the bios chip and there may be ways to remove the bios pw.
              I have ordered a CH341 programmer and waiting for it to arrive.

I am pretty good with electronics and am confident I can read/write to the bios.

I understand the chip is MX25L25673GZ4I-08G and the footprint is 8WSON. I couldn't find any clips for that footprint.

To make sure I'm on the right track with my research is correct.
              Is the only way to read directly from the chip and paste it here and request for help? If so, can I solder wires to the pins while on the board? Or do I need to remove the chip from the board?

TIA

Comment

Re: HP Zbook 15 G5 with Admin Bios PW

first thing to consider is to find a working bios dump for your laptop model you can search it here in badcaps.net . you need to a take the bios ic out of the mobo to program it.. before you program your bios make sure to save the old bios file as backup. so that you can restore is back to original state if none of the bios dump you download works. hot air soldering tool is also needed to safely take off the chip. but if you are an experienced technician you can safely desolder the chip with just a soldering iron..gud luck ....
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-07-2020, 01:48 PM.
                Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
                  first thing to consider is to find a working bios dump for your laptop model you can search it here in badcaps.net . you need to a take the bios ic out of the mobo to program it.. before you program your bios make sure to save the old bios file as backup. so that you can restore is back to original state if none of the bios dump you download works. hot air soldering tool is also needed to safely take off the chip. but if you are an experienced technician you can safely desolder the chip with just a soldering iron..gud luck ....
                  So to confirm a few things.
                  1. I'll have to remove the chip in order to read/write from it?
                  2. Rather than cleaning or removing the pw from my bios, the idea is to find a clean one and use that?

Comment

You have a WSON8 chip,there`s a centre pad thats soldered so you can`t desolder with a soldering iron,you`d need to use a hot-air station to desolder it (don`t use a paintstripper type heat gun,you`ll damage the board).If you desolder it then you`ll need to use a WSON8 adapter, solder wires to the chip,or modify an existing adapter with jumper wires. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32802865327.html
                    The board might also have the pads/footprint for a SOP8 chip, if it does you can solder wires to the pads,then to your adapter.
                    Either way, once you have a backup post it in the "Bios Requests ONLY!" sub-forum and one of the members will clean the pass for you.
                    Oh,and the software that comes with the CH341A is crap, use AsProgrammer instead - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-06-2020, 06:04 PM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      You have a WSON8 chip,there`s a centre pad thats soldered so you can`t desolder with a soldering iron,you`d need to use a hot-air station to desolder it (don`t use a paintstripper type heat gun,you`ll damage the board).If you desolder it then you`ll need to use a WSON8 adapter, solder wires to the chip,or modify an existing adapter with jumper wires. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32802865327.html
                      I had no idea the WSON8 chip would be such a PITA.
                      I don't have a hot-air station. So already it's sounds like a more expensive and complicated exercise than I had anticipated.

Let's go down another route.
                      The laptop is still under warranty from HP, but the password issue is not covered (they quoted $1700+ AUD to replace the motherboard).
                      However if the motherboard was damaged or faulty, then it would be replaced for free under warranty.
                      Is there a simple way to make the motherboard faulty?

Comment

Originally posted by AudioGuy88 View Post
                        I had no idea the WSON8 chip would be such a PITA.
                        I don't have a hot-air station. So already it's sounds like a more expensive and complicated exercise than I had anticipated.

Let's go down another route.
                        The laptop is still under warranty from HP, but the password issue is not covered (they quoted $1700+ AUD to replace the motherboard).
                        However if the motherboard was damaged or faulty, then it would be replaced for free under warranty.
                        Is there a simple way to make the motherboard faulty?
                        i agree with smdflea you need a hot air station for that because the ic is soldered under the chip.. you can try to use a clip on to connect to the bios ic but there is only 60% chance of success. try it...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Duranitron; 07-07-2020, 04:26 AM.
                        Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

I got the reader and I think I'm able to read the chip ... I soldered some wires to the chip on the board and took the wires to the 341A.
                          What chip/profile do I use to read the chip?
                          The writing on the chip says what looks like
                          NX25L25679GZ41-08G

The closest I can find was MX25L25635E (MACRONIX) and it seems to have read it ok.
                          I will upload to bios requests and ask for help, assuming it's ok.

Did I read it correctly? Or should I be using a different profile?

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

Help remove HP Zbook 15 G5 Admin PW

Hi everyone,

I have an HP Zbook 15 G5 with an admin bios password.
                            Is anyone able to remove this for me?

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

Re: Help remove HP Zbook 15 G5 Admin PW

Originally posted by AudioGuy88 View Post
                              Hi everyone,

I have an HP Zbook 15 G5 with an admin bios password.
                              Is anyone able to remove this for me?

Thanks

Try
                              Attached Files

Comment

good evening can someone help me to unlock my bios bin HP Zbook 15 G5. I tried with hpUnlockerTool but it didn't work. AND there is still the password. Here is my bios bin and the cell I made with hpUnlockerTool :
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alassane View Post
                                  good evening can someone help me to unlock my bios bin HP Zbook 15 G5. I tried with hpUnlockerTool but it didn't work. AND there is still the password. Here is my bios bin and the cell I made with hpUnlockerTool :
                                  Upload the dump from the second chip - this will be easiest way to unlock, or if you prefer the file you've already attached can be edited to boot in MPM mode, but you'll have to manually input all DMI information later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                  Thanks to all supporters.​
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Ok I will send you the second dump right away. Anyway I looked there is no password in this dump.
                                    Last edited by Alassane; 08-05-2023, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                      Upload the dump from the second chip - this will be easiest way to unlock, or if you prefer the file you've already attached can be edited to boot in MPM mode, but you'll have to manually input all DMI information later.

here is :
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alassane View Post
                                        here is :
                                        Use the RCUnlocker with that dump, leave the main dump (32MB) unmodified (original). At first boot reset bios settings to factory default, save/apply, then reset security settings and restart. That's it.

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.​
                                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
                                        X