I have a LG 60" plasma model 60PB6650-UA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a LG 60" plasma model 60PB6650-UA

Hey! I have a LG 60" plasma model 60PB6650-UA ... When I plug in the unit, I hear the main power board click but nothing happens. I have already replaced the main power board (top left of the photo below) and it does the same thing. The TV is not responsive to the remote either. I have been looking online and playing with it a little.. I am a HVAC tech and like playing around with some electronics here and there.. I have found that when I unplug the Main board (top right of the photo below), I can see that the entire television is a dim gray as if it has power to the screen, but not displaying anything. Any tips on what I should do at this point? I am thinking it could be the Main board (EAX65071308) seeing that is actually does something when I unplug it. However, I am not educated in this at all. Please help!

Happy 4th to anyone who is on today!
    Keith

I have included a photo of the board for this model below:

Last edited by Keith.Russell; 07-04-2017, 10:47 AM. Reason: Add photo.

Re: I have a LG 60" plasma model 60PB6650-UA

I have very limited knowledge on plasma. But there is a way to jumper your control board to bring up test patterns. Picture of control board not good enough to see. Others can tell you how to do it.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I would be able to try that no problem if I knew where to jump from. Would I be jumping on the main board? Shown in the top right of the image? Again, I have already replaced the main power board so im not sure what the next step of troubleshooting is here.
      Thanks!

Comment

Control board, bottom right photo, short between the small pads near R651 and R652 and remove LVDS cable (P231). Plug the TV in, turn it on, should display "test patterns".
        If the test patterns show and not distorted, then main board is the fault. Which would also explain "remote control" not responsive.

Not sure, but you may have to jumper the power supply "On" to display the test patterns.
        Last edited by cliff_hootarski; 07-04-2017, 12:16 PM. Reason: added

Comment

-
          Last edited by Keith.Russell; 07-04-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff_hootarski View Post
            Control board, bottom right photo, short between the small pads near R651 and R652 and remove LVDS cable (P231). Plug the TV in, turn it on, should display "test patterns".
            If the test patterns show and not distorted, then main board is the fault. Which would also explain "remote control" not responsive.
            I will give this a try within the next couple hours! Just to confirm, the bottom right photo is referred to as the "logic board" and the top right would actually be the "main board" is that correct? If so, I would then be jumping on the Logic board to test the main board? Thanks so much for the help!

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                Thank you! Ill give that a shot! I found those locations on the board.... Is there anything specific I need to use when jumping it out? I am in HVAC and would often just use thermostat wire to jump something like this for testing.

You also mentioned "Not sure, but you may have to jumper the power supply "On" to display the test patterns." Can you tell me how I would do this?

Thanks again, really appreciate the help!
                Last edited by Keith.Russell; 07-04-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Not on the jumper wire for the control board. If you find you have to jumper the power supply to come on, then you'll need a couple of 1kohm resistors.

Comment

Not on the jumper wire for the control board. If you find you have to jumper the power supply to come on, then you'll need a couple of 1kohm resistors.
                    Ok, ill try what you first suggested and if nothing happens... it sounds like ill need to "jumper the power supply" Which I would need a little help knowing how to do! Hoping the first suggestion works without needing to do that. I will let you know. Thanks again!

Comment

That did the trick and I didn't need to jump the power supply. Now my problem is that no one has this board! Any suggestions? You heard of baking it?
                      Last edited by Keith.Russell; 07-04-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Try these guys:

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/EBT63317001/

Used them several times with good results.

Comment

Try these guys:

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/EBT63317001/

Used them several times with good results.
                          Is EBT63317001 a compatible replacement for my model?

Comment

I just got the model number from Shopjimmy. Look on your board for the numbers from white stickers on your board (may be on the back side of the board).

On your model label on the back cover of the TV, there should be a sticker with the model number and a service code #.
                            Last edited by cliff_hootarski; 07-04-2017, 04:22 PM. Reason: addes

Comment

a common issue with the larger lg's is the main processor. a reflow may be all that you need.
                              WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Originally posted by attainteddragon View Post
                                a common issue with the larger lg's is the main processor. a reflow may be all that you need.
                                Can you tell me what a "Reflow" is? After running the test suggested above, I am confident that the main board is out... so I either need to fix it or buy a new one (which seems hard to come by online) Thanks!

Comment

Use pts electronics as mentioned above to get your board repaired. They are quick and offer excellent, reliable service.

Comment

basically the bga chip is flooded with liquid flux and then heated with ir or hot air to correct the solder joints under the chip.

reballing is best, but not many people do it or charge way too much for what a tv is worth.
                                    WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

basically the bga chip is flooded with liquid flux and then heated with ir or hot air to correct the solder joints under the chip.

reballing is best, but not many people do it or charge way too much for what a tv is worth.
                                      I contacted pts electronics and they want $125 + shipping for me to have it repaired with them any simple way to do this on my own?

Thanks!

Comment

Sounds like it is going to be too expensive to send off for repair. I have seen a couple videos of people baking their board in the oven. Anyone ever done this? I guess I have nothing to lose as long as I dont burn my house down.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                        X