X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey, im paddy from germany.
    im looking for help fixing av receivers.

Comment

Wow! Reading some of these comments is a bit intimidating. Looks like a lot of you know your stuff. I found this forum from doing some research on a failing tv. Hoping to learn and maybe help folks in the forum. Thank you

Comment

Hellooooo
        i'm here ^_^ with you finaly

Comment

good afternoon my name is Eloy Dozal, I'm from chihuahua, chih, mexico, I knew about this site looking for x internet, I'm 44 years old and I own digital electronic, we are dedicated to buying and selling pcs, laptops, videogame consoles, etc ... I specialize in component level repair, I work, I like the research and repair of electronics, we reballing to laptops and videogame consoles, we chipped, we reprogram bios, etc ...
          I hope to help as well as receive help, gtacias x aseptarme and I am at your orders greetings ....
          Last edited by Digital Electronic; 01-27-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HBM View Post
            Hellooooo
            i'm here ^_^ with you finaly
            Yeah me too

I'm Dave.
            I dislike throwing away used electronics. I feel it's like disposing the baby together with the bath water.
            I prefer to repair them or at least, harvest good components; certainly with some help from y'all here.

Comment

A big hello to everyone, my name is Phil and started working in a factory of a access security company in Poole Dorset UK straight from 6th form collage. My first computer was second hand from my computer studies teacher a video jenie (same as Tandy TRS80 but in a nice box with built in cassette player) still got it in its original box. I became a programmer using Basic and then left that behind to be more hands on electronics. Moving from the factory to R&D i learned the basics but was made redundant b4 completing my Btech electronics course. since then i've done all kinds of things and am a bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none, now living in Brittany France with my wife and dogs and changing from house renovations to electronic repair as i am now my wifes full time care giver and need to be at home, so converted a bedroom into my new workshop and have started repairing for friends and will go pro when i can get registered.
              your never too old to learn new things and at 52 i'm learning all the time trying to get my head around the newer flat panel tvs and smd , so will be drinking in the knowledge from all you who kindly offer help . Bon Chance

Comment

Hello everyone! I am from Russia and came came here to get help I am DIY noob)

Comment

Hi,
                  I live in Canada and have a Samsung Plasma TV That started to cycle on and off and I found this site as a good resource for component level repairs. I'm fairly good with the soldering so I decided to give it a try.

Comment

QUESTION

Hi to all

I like to use any types of computers as personal computer and laptop. Also I'm an IT Manager. I'm interesting in art, including modern art. I'm from Hungary. I live in city which called Budapest. I have 27 years. I like to chat on various themes. I would like to join your forum.

Best regards!

Comment

hello people

I read funny books, and I have two cars. One more of my passions is flowers. I have all types of gadgets - laptop, smartphone, tablet. I like all forums connected to gadgets. I am a Architector. I live in Canada. My native city is Toronto. I am 36 years old. I wish I was a part of your community.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Hello, I'm from Poland, my hobby is electronic

Comment

Hello from germany; I need help with my tv and a mate said this forum would be THE place to go ....

Comment

hello everyone, I'm usually called zhang and i'm new in repairing stuff. But I'm keen of it. since I'm new, there is not much things I'm able to share. I think that's all, and I'm happy to be able to join this community.

Comment

Hello from Romania

Comment

Hello everyone, I´m from Germany and had my first experiences with an Atari 800XL in 1984 and from the beginning I did small modifications (e.g. switch to bypass the Basic on boot...).

Now the circuits are a little bit more complex and my knowledge is not growing as fast as the technologies... so I hope I can find sometimes help here...

Happy to join this community

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm from the great state of Kentucky. I joined this site to become more educated about electronics and hopefully figure out what went wrong with my LG plasma. From what I've seen this is the place for that.

Comment

Hi There From Maine

Well, I have been dabbling in electronics for a couple of years now. Self taught I fumble around sometimes but I am getting better. This all started with purchasing some ancient audio equipment to listen to music on and took off from there. I have a couple of flat screens I am trying to fix now so thought I would join up after reading a post regarding a repair that was the same model as one of mine.

Comment

Hi everyone, dropping by to introduce myself. I'm a PC enthusiast in my early 20s, studying IT. I'm starting to dabble in some hardware stuff with RasPi and building own PC. Between school and work, I'd love to learn more about this stuff for DIY fun.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                        Hello, I'm so new at forums it took me forever to figure out how to post a comment. Anyway, I'm hear because I have a TV that I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to fix it myself just for kicks.

Comment

Hello,Thanks for the Website.Very informative.
                                          I have a LG 47LB6100.I have had this TV for about 5yrs.Started flickering I have sound.I can see the whole picture in the background.I just need a little direction.Please help.
                                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X