Recapped Genesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recapped Genesis

Not exactly a computer motherboard, but it is my Sega Genesis motherboard.

The difference new caps made, was huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kP8FQL9GU0

Oh yea, new caps for the win, and I used only nichicon, panasonic, and united-chemicon..

Re: Recapped Genesis

Nice job!

Even through youtube's excessive audio compression, the improvement is obvious.

"pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
    Originally posted by shango066
    All style and no substance.
    Originally posted by smashstuff30
    guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
    guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by lnx64 View Post
      Not exactly a computer motherboard, but it is my Sega Genesis motherboard.

The difference new caps made, was huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kP8FQL9GU0

Oh yea, new caps for the win, and I used only nichicon, panasonic, and united-chemicon..
      That don't look like the original version! Looks more like some shrunken version from 1999ish! (If they even still were manufactured!) (Like Sony, with the PS1!) "Chhsi" screams very late 1990s, IIRC!
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
        That don't look like the original version! Looks more like some shrunken version from 1999ish! (If they even still were manufactured!) (Like Sony, with the PS1!) "Chhsi" screams very late 1990s, IIRC!
        It's a Model 1 Genesis, VA3 motherboard. Those are from around 1990..

Comment

This is the motherboard as it is today. I've extremely hacked it.. Overclocked, region modded, sound chip upgraded (to a mostly compatible part that has same features but better, but not 100% object compatible, requiring an elaborate piggy backing chip hack), and CPU upgrade to a military specced 68000 (just for kicks no benefit really).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...6.jpg~original

The sound chip hack: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a.jpg~original

So yea, I know my way around this beast :P But those caps, oh damn did they make a difference in sound quality.. Visually a little better too.. Far cleaner video output, especially when on an RGB monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by lnx64 View Post
            It's a Model 1 Genesis, VA3 motherboard. Those are from around 1990..
            At first, it reminded me of Sony's joke super small version of the PlayStation 1!
            (Those are manufactured by Foxconn!)

A.K.A., the PlayStation "Booooooooooo!" edition!
            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 07-31-2013, 08:12 PM.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Could you re-upload those photos here? Photobucket makes me feel like I'm using a 28.8 modem.

Comment

Originally posted by Heihachi_73 View Post
                Could you re-upload those photos here? Photobucket makes me feel like I'm using a 28.8 modem.
                I hate Photobucket, too. Sux dick!
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

You realize the time it took me to read that and re-upload this means time it could have downloaded right?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X