Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC-52D62U "an incompatible video signal has been received"

As they say... Onward and upward...

I have a Sharp... I get a "an incompatible video signal has been received. Check the output device settings" message when I try to hook anything up to HDMI...

Component and Composite is unaffected..

Research indicates that it's likely more of a setting issue than a hardware one..

But I'll be darned if I can find out how to address it..

Anyone have any ideas???

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-52D62U "an incompatible video signal has been received"

At the source, take "auto" anything off and set a specific resolution. Try lower ones first. Basically, when the source is trying to read the EID settings of the display, either the information is not right or it is having trouble trying to read it and hence, can't resolve what resolution it needs to send so it is picking one that the display isn't able to handle. Further, unplug things, power and signal. Then plug in signal, then power, then power up the display followed by the source and see if that changes anything as perhaps an initialization sequence isn't happening well.

Further, what kind of hdmi device are you trying to use?
    Last edited by budwich; 03-23-2018, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Thanx for the reply, budwich...

I have tried several sources.. BluRay player w/ HDMI output... XBOX 360 and PS3.. I even did a RESET VIDEO on the PS3 which drops the PS3 down to the lowest resolution..

Nothing seems to help...
      Last edited by Michale32086; 03-23-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

next.... try a factory reset on the tv. further, check the firmware, try reload also.

note... I am not budm.... just in case you think so.
        Last edited by budwich; 03-23-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Yea, done the video reset.. no joy...

There doesn't seem to be a firmware update for the 52D62U... Only the 64U and 65U...

Comment

try changing the avmode for the input 4,5 (hdmi) to something else.... in particular NOT pc.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
              note... I am not budm.... just in case you think so.
              Sorry about that... I saw the bud and my eyes went no further...

My sincerest apologies..

Comment

no problem.... i did not want to soil budm's good name... ☺

you didnt indicate whether you are ensuring that the source setting/setup has auto turned off.... most source players are set with it as default.

Comment

try changing the avmode for the input 4,5 (hdmi) to something else.... in particular NOT pc.
                  Input 4 & 5 are HDMI... unless you mean the audio input on #4...
                  Attached Files

Comment

no problem.... i did not want to soil budm's good name... ☺
                    Heh..

you didnt indicate whether you are ensuring that the source setting/setup has auto turned off.... most source players are set with it as default.
                    Yea, the PS3 and X360 have been set for NO AUTO OFF....

Comment

yes but there are mode settings for each input.. this can be changed from the remote.

Comment

Probably BGA.. Grab a hair dryer and heat up that processor where the HDMI connections go. Follow the traces on the main board from the HDMI connectors and whatever processor there connecting to try heating that one up with a hair dryer or a hot air station . If that doesn't work it's probably a bad HDMI codec processor if it is separate from the main processor
                        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

yes but there are mode settings for each input.. this can be changed from the remote.
                          K.. I'll try that..

Comment

as freakaftr8 indicate, possible main board issue.... my experience with 42d60u could not get it to recognize 3hdmis but it didnt complain either. replaced main board fixed in the end... but try the heat up tech.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                              Probably BGA.. Grab a hair dryer and heat up that processor where the HDMI connections go. Follow the traces on the main board from the HDMI connectors and whatever processor there connecting to try heating that one up with a hair dryer or a hot air station . If that doesn't work it's probably a bad HDMI codec processor if it is separate from the main processor
                              Will try that as well....

Comment

OK I have it on INPUT #4 HDMI.... I get sound, but no video..

Under the menu settings/option there is an HDMI setup option that looks like this:
                                Attached Files

Comment

So, the gist I am getting is that ya'all think it's a board issue and not a setting issue???

Comment

ensure that the label has not been set to pc as that will cause problems.

Comment

OK Progress... of sorts..

Up in comment #16 there is a pic of HDMI Setup...

In that, the SIGNAL TYPE is ghosted...

I changed the label from INPUT 4 to HDMI and I was able to select SIGNAL TYPE..

The GOOD news, I didn't get the INCOMPATIBLE SIGNAL error message..

The BAD news is, I didn't get any kind of display at all..

That happened if I selected RGB and either YCbCr option...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
                                        Yea, done the video reset.. no joy...

There doesn't seem to be a firmware update for the 52D62U... Only the 64U and 65U...
                                        Wonder if the firmware for the 64 is the same as the 52, could maybe call or email them.

Comment

Working...
                                        X