LG 43UF640V half picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 43UF640V half picture

A new eeprom costs few $ but i have no idea, depends on how much time you can invest on this set, but i don't understand you, before i have said it to you, you claimed you need a new mainboard, so this mainboard is for the trashcan, what do you lost? and second, the other person with equal issue said he have warmed the mainb. and the defect changed, this is not related to a memory.. sure..
    Last edited by Davi.p; 12-17-2017, 07:45 AM.

Comment

ok just had mainboard in oven 180 for 5minutes, no change,

Comment

i wonder if is the case of purchase a service manual, to see at least the pinout of the mainboard lvds out, by that one can judge if the video out is splitted in 2 half screens or not like all HD-FullHD tvs..

Comment

I couldn't send a pic via pm so can you check thes are the right parts for your tv and il post them to you
          Attached Files
          Last edited by daz2206; 12-17-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

quick update on this tv
            I have got nowhere with this tv, eeprom reset, baking mainboard, tcon change twice.
            however daz2206 is sending me a set of boards for this tv to try
            so will post with result if replacement power, mainboard or tcon sorts the problem
            thanks to darren again for his help on this

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              i wonder if is the case of purchase a service manual, to see at least the pinout of the mainboard lvds out, by that one can judge if the video out is splitted in 2 half screens or not like all HD-FullHD tvs..
              Here is the Service Manual Of Your Model.
              Attached Files

Comment

thanks for that help tiku

Comment

T-CON info.
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=354
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

tv is working using boards supplied by daz2206, I changed all ie: power, main and tcon so not sure which one yet has fixed it.

Comment

now that is better,
                      advice now please guys do i risk trying my power board and tcon with this mainboard to try and determine which board is at fault
                      Attached Files

Comment

Glad you fixed the tv it would be nice for future readers too know what board fixed the issue but its your own choice if you risk swapping boards around and possibly causing further issues.

Comment

Half picture unlikely to be caused by a power board fault. So you could probably rule that out.

T-con/main is the difficult one. Pretty unlikely for either to damage each other, but small chance.
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by london-freddie View Post
                            now that is better,
                            advice now please guys do i risk trying my power board and tcon with this mainboard to try and determine which board is at fault
                            not sure that I would do that just yet. IF I recall, earlier in your thread, you replaced a tcon and "post replacement", the set worked for "5 minutes" and then you were back to "half / half". I assume now that you have checked out the functions in terms of remote and such... inputs, etc. to see that they are working normally.

I would think a bit more about what "setup" is what... since some of these didn't work with the other thread. Maybe its more of a "initialization" issue than anything... my first guess is some form of eprom "issue" either reading or otherwise such that the main gets corrupted and can't readily recover.

PS... glad you got to a working set.
                            Last edited by budwich; 12-20-2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

hi thanks for that guys everything appears to be working fine now on this tv including all remote functions
                              yes when I replaced the tcon I think the second time it did work for a short while then went bad again, so not sure if main had killed the replacement tcon
                              I would love to know which board caused the fault but am reluctant to risk damaging these replacement boards by mix and matching

Comment

My thought is replacing T con is a temporary fix. Main board maybe sending too much voltage or over driving data signals into one side of the T con. So inevitably mainboard root cause. Just a thought.

Especially after hitting the main board cause different variations on that side of the screen makes me think a drifting resistor to the T con from the maid board might be in order

Glad to see it's working now!
                                Last edited by freakaftr8; 12-20-2017, 11:39 AM.
                                Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Tcon input signals are not generated by any other than mainboard, only SDA returns back to mainboard but dont affect image, so to be safe change first tcon...

Comment

Working...
                                  X