X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

Originally posted by stj View Post
    well i'm confused.

there is only one button input, and i assume it works because you can power the unit on.
    maybe that assumption is a mistake - let me check the schems.
    There is only S1 start button on this device.apart from the addition of the encoder.
    could it be the 16mhz crystal causing the problem of selection.?
    I have checked the voltage on the start button which shows 9 volts collapsing to .7 volt on press on then returning to 2.7v on the live side powering the display, returning to .7volt every press, voltage on PD 7 drops from +5 volt to .7 and returns to 5+ on release of the button.The encoders center pin is to chassis
    each leg is supplied from 5+ rail via 10k resistor and PD1 & PD3 is fed via 1k resistors. The firmware I am using is your TEST 16mhz stripboard. which seems to tick all of the boxes except select from the menu.
    John

Comment

that firmware is totally unconfigured.
      i'll post something better later.

Comment

some quick builds:
        GM328 and AY-AT for 16MHz
        both using compact font with more menu lines.

and a T4(strip-grid) 16MHz testbuild for TEDDIBEAR.
        Attached Files

Comment

stj you know that 2016 tester you helped me build etc is there a case available for them? ive had a quick look on aliexpress etc and cant seem too find one.

Comment

no idea.
            there are probably 3d printed ones if you ask over at eevblog

Comment

Thanks i will ask in the thread and see what they suggest i might also update to a AY AT at tester as there are cases/firmware already available.

Comment

can one of the people who downloaded the AY-AT code please post a screenshot of the menu screen.
                i'm ajusting the number of lines to fill the screen.

Comment

Here some screenshots of the "AY-AT" with SVN749 (STJ V2) firmware.
                  Attached Files

Comment

fuck, i set that for 16lines.
                    must be more shit hidden away.

Comment

some quick builds:
                      GM328 and AY-AT for 16MHz
                      both using compact font with more menu lines.

and a T4(strip-grid) 16MHz testbuild for TEDDIBEAR.
                      Hi stj
                      thank you for your update I am afraid I am still unable to select from menu
                      here are the results. + when a test is made it stays on the screen for a split second too quick to read
                      Attached Files

Comment

the russian one didnt have these problems??

Comment

the russian one didnt have these problems??
                          I think the problems with the menu side were the same, having said that I can not read Russian but the menu did not seem to change when a selected item was pressed. Your first T4 worked perfectly as did the second T4 as far as diagnosis were required the second one had smaller fonts and very fast, the problem seems to be selection from the menu pressing button.
                          John

Comment

Hi STJ, I like your avatar, I've been in facebook jail 5 times already. Can you please compile another lipo version of the AY-AT like you did for me before on post 855 but with the modifications that fill up the display? the 3.2 volt cutoff version worked best, the 3.6 cutoff version gave me a low battery warning when the lipo was at 3.9. BTW the rechargeable mod I made in post 873 works great.

Comment

the build box is out of action for a couple of days - i'l take a look after.

Comment

Do you have a paypal account? I would like to give you something for your buildbox fund. You've been very helpful. private message me your account address.

Comment

@STJ,
                                  Did you get any further investigating the AY-AT firmware?
                                  (See message 928)

Comment

no, i need to get back to that.

Comment

Hopfully this isn't too off topic. Is there a concensus on a good prebuilt variant of these component testers? I'm particularly interested in using one for manual ESR testing.

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BSID...832292103.html
                                        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I like that it has a case and probe ports. But I'm wondering if it has menu access like the GM325. Does this allow for manual settings for component testing? I mean can it be set specifically for testing ESR, without the firware trying to guess what the component type is? Also, I have read that it does have a flashable firmware. Can you confirm this?

Comment

Working...
                                          X