Dell Inspiron LA-D801P Motherboard completely dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Inspiron LA-D801P Motherboard completely dead

3.3 and 5 volt in new laptop generally get on after pressing power botton. could be 5 volts are present for usb charge. before go on, check if on power botton u have 3.3 volt on some pin, chech if on battery connector u have some 3.3 volts present, check if after pressing power botton, u have 3.3 volts on l100, or if some light power on or u have some beep, or if fan spin.

if 3.3 on power botton and battery connector, but no 3.3 on l100 after pressing power botton, pu100 could be bad and need new one.

also post all pu100 volts again.

Comment

In pin4 of power button flex i get 1.6v, no other volatages.
      I get 5v at one pin of USB
      In PU100 i get:
      pin1 2.3v
      pin2 19.6
      pin3 19.6
      pin4 19.6
      pin5 19.6
      pin6 0
      pin7 0
      pin8 0
      pin9 0
      pin10 0
      pin11 4.5v
      pin12 2.9v
      pin13 0
      pin14 0
      pin15 0
      pin16 3.3v
      pin17 3.3v
      pin18 0
      pin19 0
      pin20 0
      What do you think?
      Last edited by Andreasbest; 07-03-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

kbc pin 127 voltage ?

edit: measure also rtc battery volts too
        Last edited by dellxps15; 07-03-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Pin127: 1.599v
          RTC battery is not on board, it's detachable with cable and i have disconnect it.

Comment

put rtc battery and measure again

Comment

With battery 2.813v

Comment

ok with rtc battery, if u press power botton , it goes to 0 ? and light, fan spinning or beep from speakers ? 3.3 volts comes from l100 ?

Comment

You mean PL100? If yes, then no 3,3v when i press power button.
                  Also no fan or led or other activity, pin127 goes to 0v though.
                  Last edited by Andreasbest; 07-04-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

try replace pu100

Comment

Ok.
                      It write AWV8RN but on the schematics writes SY8286BRAC_QFN20
                      Gonna try to found it on a older board.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
                        Ok.
                        It write AWV8RN but on the schematics writes SY8286BRAC_QFN20
                        Gonna try to found it on a older board.
                        Richtek code for your ic -AWV

Comment

Customer decide to order a new motherboard (400euro cost) not my problem anymore BUT the old motherboard left here so i might fix it for my self.
                          From where do you suggest me to get the AWV8RN from?
                          China market or are all non working cheap copies?

Comment

get from ebay.... if u dont need them fast they are very cheap from china.
                            look for SY8286BRAC

7€ from uk or 3.39 from china see-ic.
                            Last edited by dellxps15; 07-10-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Yes i just wonder if they are reliabe from Chine or just cheap low quality fakes that don't work.
                              Although no other seller except Chinese from eBay so i'll probably get them from there.

Comment

I have same problem in my laptop
                                i have no 3.3 volt
                                so i remove the jumper and test
                                3.3 volt back but there is a short circuit after the 102 jumper
                                so when i remove all jumper for 3volt and apply 3volt on jumper 102 to the +3VALW side
                                the cpu and cpu resister get hot
                                what is the proplem

Comment

Dellxps mate i managed to get and replace AWV8RN
                                  Now i need to check the motherboard without the rest of the laptop (customer got it with new motherboard)
                                  I think the adaptor for this Dell has the usual Dell id chip so probably the 19v and ground only in connector will not work, i need to sacrifice a Dell charger to power it on, right?
                                  Last edited by Andreasbest; 10-04-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

19 volt lab psu on + side of connector is fine. just make sure to solder the wire on the right polarity.

Comment

I think this is the correct polarity, please confirm.
                                      Also in JPWR1 the shortcircuit for power on is the pin 1 (3vALW) + pin 3 (POWER_SW)?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

yes that's correct. pjp1 is vin and pjp2 is gnd. look schematics page 50

on shcematic there are 8 pin, but tnx to pjp point we can track back the correct soldering point.

edit: with lab power supply set to 19 volt, check if any current drain when in idle, then try powerint it on anche check Amperage consumption. do also other measure like 3.3 volt comes in and so on.
                                        Last edited by dellxps15; 10-05-2018, 04:14 AM.

Comment

I have this problem +3.3 V Power buton ok but Not Spi bios PSU CURRENT 00,1 or 00,4 pu100 making very little warming maybe change PU100 fix this problem (NOT LIGHT CHARGER)

Comment

Working...
                                          X