ASUS now makes boards for Intel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS now makes boards for Intel?

Had couple IntEl boards in my hands lately, all of them had those reversed polarity marking crap for caps. So A(u)S(h)US makes boards for them now or what?
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: ASUS now makes boards for Intel?

Foxconn

Comment

Never seen that on Foxconn board before so why would that be Foxconn?
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

From Dell Optiplex GX280
        Attached Files

Comment

There was an announcement from Intel that it will stop manufacturing boards since some years . To read more on this issue :

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2025...m-factors.html

https://gizmodo.com/5978232/intel-to...p-motherboards

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
            Had couple IntEl boards in my hands lately, all of them had those reversed polarity marking crap for caps. So A(u)S(h)US makes boards for them now or what?
            I've seen a few of those as well. After 15 years of recapping, you learn to check any/all boards before starting a job....I've done full recaps a few times before realizing I had them all installed backward...
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

^ MMMmmm Popcorn!
              Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                ^ MMMmmm Popcorn!
                Never fired one like that, always caught it before that point....but it sure made a lot of extra work for myself correcting it.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

These were fortunatelly capped OK, but it's professional deformation to always check it thoroughly…that's how I noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                    Yeah, I noticed that as well maybe a year or two ago as well. But since the boards came out of OEM PCs, I assumed they were made by ASUS and I completely ignored the memo that some of them actually said "Intel" on them. I happened to realize that when browsing yesterday on eBay and found this:
                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-DG35E.../192438966982?

As I always inspect eBay boards for badcaps, spotting the "backwards"-installed was one of the first things I noticed.

Originally posted by jiroy View Post
                    There was an announcement from Intel that it will stop manufacturing boards since some years .
                    Ah, another mobo maker removed from the equation - how boring!
                    So what do we have now? Only ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte? I could swear that some recent MSI and Gigabyte motherboards look almost like exact copies of each other, so maybe we are down to two manufacturers only? If so, that's sad times then. :\

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    I've seen a few of those as well. After 15 years of recapping, you learn to check any/all boards before starting a job....I've done full recaps a few times before realizing I had them all installed backward...
                    Lol that must have been a major RAGE-meme moment when you realized that.

I had to do lots of ASUS motherboards when I started recapping, so naturally I got used to seeing the "backwards" cap placement quite often - in fact so much that sometimes I had to check the cap orientation on my non-ASUS boards, as I almost did one backwards, thanks to ASUS ... *almost* So far, though, I have never powered up a board with caps installed backwards by mistake - if there was one, I always caught it on time.
                    Last edited by momaka; 01-28-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X