Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planar PL1910M LCD will not power on

Hi to all.
    This monitor has been driving me nuts for the past two days and I just can't figure it out so i came in for some help.
    The main problem is the monitor will not turn on just a flashing LED on the ON button.
    The back lights were checked to be OK
    All the caps checked ok with and ESR Tester.
    All the diodes checked OK – Desolder one leg and test with a smart tweezers.
    MOSFET Tested Ok.
    Resolder all the joints on the back side.
    And still no go – so I figured maybe I should try to power it from an external power adapter but there are no marking on the board to which pen is which. So I plugged in a couple of extra back lights to the board. Flipped it upside down and fired it up and start poking the bins I found the +5V / +12 / Ground / On / Of while doing that I accidentally jumped the pins marked on the attached image A&B and the back lights come on and stayed on – tried to trace the connectors to the Video board but that's almost impassible.
    All the caps on the video board checked ok too.
    Any ideas ???
    Attached Files

Re: Planar PL1910M LCD will not power on

if dc voltages +5V and +12V are fine and if are regulated voltages on main a/d board (3.3V or 1.8V probably) are fine too, problem is probably in mcu (or his eeprom) as led flashing, however check for possible shorts (smd capacitors) on main board or even shorts towards lcd panel electronics
    Last edited by mladen82; 03-18-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the info - i did check as much as i can with no luck - i spend too much time on this board and i think it's time for it to be recycled.

Take Care.

Comment

Originally posted by samnabass
        Hi to all.
        This monitor has been driving me nuts for the past two days and I just can't figure it out so i came in for some help.
        The main problem is the monitor will not turn on just a flashing LED on the ON button.
        The back lights were checked to be OK
        All the caps checked ok with and ESR Tester.
        All the diodes checked OK – Desolder one leg and test with a smart tweezers.
        MOSFET Tested Ok.
        Resolder all the joints on the back side.
        And still no go – so I figured maybe I should try to power it from an external power adapter but there are no marking on the board to which pen is which. So I plugged in a couple of extra back lights to the board. Flipped it upside down and fired it up and start poking the bins I found the +5V / +12 / Ground / On / Of while doing that I accidentally jumped the pins marked on the attached image A&B and the back lights come on and stayed on – tried to trace the connectors to the Video board but that's almost impassible.
        All the caps on the video board checked ok too.
        Any ideas ???
        Looks more like a Hanns-G than a Planar.... look at this thread : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6695
        Did you check the LCD without the LCD connected to the VBoard to see how the power LED behaves?
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050
          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

If the led is flashing green and amber, the unit needs reset. I have purchased 3 of these units with this issue and all worked after resetting.

Here is the link to the reset procedure:
          http://marsbox.com/blog/howtos/plana...d-monitor-fix/

Comment

strneargd ... you are my new hero ... thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stneargd View Post
              If the led is flashing green and amber, the unit needs reset. I have purchased 3 of these units with this issue and all worked after resetting.

Here is the link to the reset procedure:
              http://marsbox.com/blog/howtos/plana...d-monitor-fix/
              I just fixed a Planar PL1911M with the same problem!! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by sceva View Post
                I just fixed a Planar PL1911M with the same problem!! Thanks for the link.
                Same here. Thanks for the link. Wish I had found this before I took it apart.
                Works great now.

Comment

OK so this planar was fixed with a reset...amazing....
                  now my question is...
                  How many other monitors allow a similar reset, to get them going again.
                  ( is planar the lone dog? )

Comment

Working...
                  X